Tuesday, May 18, 2010

...dear seventeen...

...I wonder where you've disappeared to.

My history is stained, a pale shade of grey,
filled with might-have-beens and unfinished yesterdays.

My golden days of yore,
of optimism and vigor are long gone,
tarnished by the storms of life's cruel austerities.

You used to be all I ever knew.
My shield, my solace,
my sunshine after the rain,

the mask I wore,
the sword I held,
the shelter I cowered beneath when the going got tough...


It kills me to think I've somehow lost you now.

...Why do I feel you're a lifetime away?




"There is nothing so pitiful as a young cynic because he has gone from knowing nothing to believing nothing."
- Maya Angelou

3 comments:

Danny said...

at least u still can recall ur seventeen..
ask me... can't remember at al liao...lol ;p

William said...

What marks my childhood? Exams. Sad.

Christal said...

hi :) you commented on my blog long time ago but I thought you were a different JJ so I didn't bother clicking your link.