Saturday, March 07, 2009

...and you say that all that it takes is a phone call...

Currently listening to: Chinese - Lily Allen


.can'tsingadifferentsong.
Crown Complex, Southbank, March 2009


I got through Week 1 unscratched and unharmed.
That by itself is an achievement, so don't blame me if I'm gloating just a little. *grins*

Anyway.

Lately people have been telling me that I bitch too much about stuff. Uni stuff, friendship stuff, spiritual stuff, social drama stuff whatsoever, you name it.

I bitch about the fact that MKX3481 is boring as hell.
I bitch about having just spent a little under $200 for textbooks I most probably won't even bother flicking through until like the second half of the semester.
I bitch about having only Tuesdays off this semester.
I bitch about the eternal messiness of my room. Shocker.
I bitch about not being able to do my laundry this week because the weather's been cold and humid all week.
I bitch about contradicting myself since ironically I prefer cold over hot days anyway.
I bitch about friends in general.
I bitch about backstabbers.
I bitch about the painful fact that bitching about backstabbers actually makes me one too.

And mind you, being universally-known as the resident bitch of a given social circle isn't exactly a desirable trait one should be proud of. I for one wouldn't like that for sure.
So this got me thinking.

While it is remotely satisfying to know that at least I can self-identify as being in the same league as Christina Aguilera, superbitch-wise, even the powerhouse singer herself says that this can't last forever. One simply can't afford being mean and bitchy all the freaking time; the batteries are bound to run out at some point.

So for now, give me a chance to try to redeem myself.
Instead of getting on with my usual forte of rambling about things I don't like, this time I'm gonna write about things I do like.

Ready?

*takes a deep breath*


For starters, I like my room.

I like how my room is always cold in the morning, no matter how hot and sunny it is outside.

I like staying curled up under my super-warm blanket, snoozing the alarm as I desperately try to get back to sleep.

I like staring at my colorful hanging lights as I slowly drift off to sleep.



I like my bed.

I like my two adorable goldfish, Comet and Rudolph.

I like living in the suburbs.

I like my housemates. And I certainly love my house to bits!



I like my campus. Totally.

I like my course, though the workload can be a bit much sometimes.

I like Menzies Building's H1 lecture theater for no reason.

I like my BHS1711 and BHS1712 lecturer last year. And being the nerd that I am, I might've liked him a tad bit too much.

I like winter. Like I said, I love getting all cold and bundled up. Gives me an excuse to put on my fancy coats and scarfs! *grins*

I like watching the vapor trails that my breaths leave behind in the air during winter.

And I like walking around Melbourne CBD in winter. Makes me feel at home.




I like having nothing to do on a Saturday morning.

I like having nothing to do on weekdays.

I like having nothing to do at most times, actually.

I like hanging out in the Gloria Jeans Coffees outlet inside Borders Chadstone.

But I gotta say I like Starbucks even more.



I like imitating accents. And I think the British are admirable for being able to pull off such a difficult and irritating tone. No kidding.

I like it when people mistake me as an American. It used to annoy me initially, but since this happens to me on a daily basis, literally, I guess I've gotten used to it already by now. *grins*

I like how the baristas in my favorite coffee outlets know me by name.

I like CoffeeHQ's skinny caramel latte.

I like Lily Allen's new album, "It's Not Me, It's You".

I like getting creeped out everytime I listen to Beyonce's singing voice. No offense, but it annoys the hell outta me.

I like watching fan-recorded videos of Britney Spears's "Circus" tour on YouTube, although the shaky cameras and the excessive shouting turn me off.

And while we're on the subject, I love love LOVE "Circus"! I like putting the album on repeat whenever I need a little moral boost.

I like Collins Street.

I like Federation Square.

I like walking along the Yarra, watching seagulls chase each other around the riverbanks.



I like jazz. And I obsess about Michael Buble every single day.

I like shopping.

I like shopping for discounted stuff.

I like shopping in Bandung.

I like shopping like there's no tomorrow. *laughs*

I like bitching about life in general.

I kinda like to constantly miss Jakarta. 'Cuz I do miss the town. Terribly.

I like FRIENDS. I like CHARMED. I like Gossip Girl.

I like Doraemon. He's my childhood hero.



I like hugging the people I love.

I like ruffling people's hair. If I ruffle your hair that means I genuinely care about you. *grins* And apparently my ex thinks this is amusing for some reason.

I like cooking. Cooking makes me happy.

I like decorating my walls.

I like collecting five-cent coins.

I like how I always run out of things to say everytime I try to do a list like this.

I like how whenever that happens, I'll rack my brains trying to think of anything else to say.

And of course, I like how I'll always give up after a while.

*laughs*

So that's it for now, I guess.

Now you know that I'm not that bitter a person. I know I might seem silly and cranky and sharp-tongued and even terribly annoying at times, but I do have some brighter qualities that also define me as a person, if any. Don't we all, anyway?


*yawns*

Alright. Better hop in the shower now.

Have a great weekend, guys. :)

1 comment:

unee said...

"I bitch about the painful fact that bitching about backstabbers actually makes me one too. "


AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!
Oh well, bitching about them is the only fun thing we got to do as "victims". Maybe it'll make us (sound or seem ) like a backstabber too, but...the cool kind.


Yeah,I've been bitching a lot about (small) things too. Damn !