Friday, March 13, 2009

...sounding hopeful but it's making me cry...

Currently listening to: Mr. Curiosity - Jason Mraz


.patterns.
Pakenham train, Melbourne, March 2009


Move over, Eric.
Looks like yours truly has earned himself a new coffee-ordering alias.

Say hello to Justin, everybody.

*bows*

It all began quite innocently as far as coffee-ordering between classes is concerned.

So there I was, standing by the CoffeeHQ pick-up counter waiting for my regular skinny caramel latte to be served, subconsciously blending in amongst the swarm of other coffee-and-sugar addicts also in line for their morning caffeine kicks. Usual stuff, really; nothing special apart from the fact that the one taking my order earlier was a newbie who had to ask for my name twice. I shrugged that off and waited patiently.

Arriving at the pick-up point, I saw a familiar face: the super-friendly barista who usually takes my order. Apparently she was just about to begin her shift for the day. So we chatted for a while, talking about the weather and such since that's the way Aussies do it down here, and she made a comment about the outrageous size of the Strategic Marketing textbook I was shamelessly carrying around campus like the world's biggest dork or something.

Still nothing new at this point; I realized that I was already ten minutes late by then but I chose not to freak out and kept on with the conversation.
Just then I could faintly hear the name Justin being called out by the in-store barista in-between sentences. Obviously thinking that name wasn't referring to me, I ignored it. But when the called out "regular skinny caramel latte" out lout, his eyes darting towards where I was standing, I came to my senses and rushed for the drink.

All the while I was thinking, "Wha-?"
Did he just call me Justin?

"...Justin?" He immediately asked, winking one playful eye, when he saw me reluctantly taking the cup with the barely-legible scribble "Justin" etched out across one side. "Who are you, and what have you done to the Jesse we all knew and loved?"

I shrugged to his, and of course the friendly barista's, great amusement.
"I know. So much for trying to stay true to myself." I then replied with a laugh.

Seeing as it was probably a good idea that I take off straight away since I was already really, almost unforgivably late, I waved them goodbye after they made sure the poor newbie would get my correct name next time.

Thinking about the incident just makes me smile. Even now.
I mean, mixing up Jesse with Justin? Come on. That's like too far gone, man. Seriously.

*grins at the thought*

Anyway.
It's late, and I should head to bed soon.

The weather's been wacky, and it's already starting to take a toll on my physical well-being. There's only so much consecutive hot-and-cold days a guy's body can endure, and I guess my immune system's running out of batteries.

Let's hope I stay healthy for the time being. Getting sick would definitely suck, big time. It's not like I don't have too much stuff going on around me already.

Oh well.
*sighs*

Have a great weekend, guys.


PS: I got my Jason Mraz ticket! Can't wait for April 21! *jumps around*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWWH JASON MRAZ IS THE BESTTT
and yeah hiya justin... how do you do =P
i was gonna go to this Fall Out Boy and All American Rejects gig 18 Feb, my bf was gonna get the tix for Valentines day/2nd anniversary (month, that is) but I couldn't get a flight back to melbourne.....

SOB SOB

unee said...

KYAAAAAAAAAAAA !!!
Mr.Curiosity !
HAHA.
Mraz gets me all curious at all times,baby !
* perverted smile *

Anyways..
enjoy the concert yeah ?

* mumbles all her envy *