Monday, May 12, 2008

...maybe it's all just in my mind...

Currently listening to: Maybe - Emma Bunton


Autumn leaves never fail to bring me the blues.
Was sitting on the bus on my way back from Southland just now, looking outside the window when I realized that the season has indeed changed. The scenery was picturesque and beautifully framed, with trees sparkling in red, and leaves falling to the ground.

Sometimes I wonder why there are less red-turning trees growing in the Clayton area; it's strangely unfair, really. And I thought they were all supposed to grow naturally in four-seasonal countries? *sighs*

Anyways.

CliffNotes' version? Today I went to Southland with Jacelyn for some well-earned retail therapy. We took off immediately after I submitted my demented Management essay *jumps around secretly* and spent like most of the day there basically doing the very thing we do best: shop. *wink wink* Our journey basically started at the food court, where we loaded our exhausted bodies with tons of junk food. Then our quest for freedom and happiness began, with favorite stores and interesting outlets as our stops.

There was this very friendly lady from The Body Shop who somehow recognized us when we stepped into the store. That particularly smiley-and-chatty blond lady must have taken her time seeing me unleash my wrath upon all those irresistible Body Shop goodies, grabbing like countless stuff and bringing them to the counter in one single take.

Curious, isn't it, how she actually managed to recognize us from among the crowd?
Well she did mention beforehand that she had remembered previously assisting both me and Jacelyn during our last visit to the store, since we have in fact shopped there before.
Yet my somehow-prejudiced conscience personally believes that she probably thinks of us as these two Asian airheads, two among the few that even have the courage to go and shop at Southland, who are terribly spoiled and intolerably loud when it comes to discussing about products. *raises eyebrows*

Well, not that I can blame her for that. She must've had a very good memory after all. Otherwise, how would you be able to recognize two random customers among millions of others who come to your store to shop everyday? *laughs*

In the end I ended up with quite a lot of stuff to bring home. That includes some Body Shop essentials, a brand-new set of pens, some hangers, and a water-filtering jug, among many. The shopping trips turned out to be quite rewarding, and I feel HAPPY now.

Thing is, I had been feeling severely exhausted and overwhelmed with academic stuff lately, what with all those long nights and sleepless hours laboring for nonsense essays, even feeling THAT severely so that today I just wanted to let it all out and release my inner demons before I actually went crazy for real. And I guess it worked.

Not that I'm actually freed from everything, tough.
I've still got a mini-assignment for MKC2500 and a test for BHS1711 to look out for. But that can wait for a little longer while I try to catch my breath and keep up with my almost-dead social life.

And I promise myself I'm gonna sleep early tonight. *smiles*

Alright I should stop now, pack up my stuff and head home.
Just realized that I probably sprayed a little too much Eternity Summer For Men on my left hand when I was trying perfumes earlier this afternoon. The sweet smell is lingering on my hand and as I type this post I can still faintly smell it. Perhaps I should purchase it while it's on sale now that the season's changed. Should I? *winks*

Have a good week, guys! =)


PS: On a sidenote, I just HATE it when people write 'stuffs' instead of 'stuff' when they write in English. It's like, I dunno, the dumbest mistake you could make; doing that does absolutely nothing in making the lives of ESL Asians any easier. Same thing as writing 'staffs' instead of 'staff', or 'advices' instead of 'advice'. Plurals don't always come with 's'-es in the end, darls. And I hope I can give you guys a good reminder by pointing this out. Well but then again, since a lot of people, especially fellow Asians in particular, are doing that, it may be easier for me just to change my perception and conform to the social standard, if you like. *winks* Tha!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi jugaaa.. haha.. I replied ur cmnt sumtime ago. did you read it? haha.. slm knal juga yaaa.. =)