Tuesday, December 30, 2008

...i get amnesia when i'm standing next to yo-o-ou...

Currently listening to: Amnesia - Britney Spears


.gotmelbourne?.
Southbank, Melbourne, Nov 8 2009


Please try to ignore the disproportionate and uneven mess that is the above image. *tugs at hair*
Gotta admit I had tried my best to at least, if at all, improve the quality of the picture just a little bit, and of course I'd try again if I wasn't already too consumed by my own sense of bitterness to continue.

Epic fail.
Let's just say that possessing incomparable photography skills isn't what The Big Guy had in mind for yours truly when He decided to create this being *points at self* out of thin air.

And speaking of Melbourne, picture-wise, that reminds me: I finally watched "Australia" today.



And let's just say that I disagree with a lot of movie critics out there, on various grounds.

Yes, the plot is draggy, even tedious and awfully boring at times. Hell yeah the movie is bloody long: I gotta tell you that enduring two hours and forty-five minutes of sitting inside a cold-as-fuck theater watching cattles get scurried here and there isn't exactly all happy and joy, obviously. Most of the romantic scenes are cheesy, typical of a major Hollywood movie. A bit too much kissing as well, if I may add. And a lot of things remain unexplained after the conclusion of the story, like what the Drover's actual name was, or what the future of Faraway Downs was going to be like, and so on.
But other than that, I can assure you, the movie is absolutely beautiful.

The scenery is just breathtaking. The dialogues are strong and meaningful. The chemistry present between the actors also adds to the movie's charm. And the strong, influential presence of a cultural background that frames the story beautifully. All in all, I think "Australia" is an amazing movie, worthy of praise and respect. After all, this is the biggest movie ever made in Australia, done by Australians, nonetheless.

And the fact that the movie brings up the issue of the Stolen Generation adds to my fascination. I coincidentally chose this issue as the topic of my major essay for BHS1712 last semester, so at least I have a decent prior understanding of the matter at hand. Watching the movie gave me an accurate and detailed depiction of the actual happenings that took place during that period of pain and frantic, when Anglo-Australians took half-White, half-Aborigine children away from their families by force and transferred them into training facilities where they would be trained as slaves and servants for the Whites. But no, I shall not get into discussing that issue. Let's just keep it all safe, PG-13, for now. *grins*

Bottom line? "Australia" is a must-watch.
Oh, and I particularly like the quote said by The Drover's Aborigine friend - I forgot who his name was - to The Drover when they were discussing about the love that The Drover had for Lady Ashley. "You don't have love in your heart, you got nothing." And that was the point when The Drover realized that he had to come back to Lady Ashley and tell her how he felt before it was too late. I found that quote specifically meaningful. *grins*

Anyway.
Enough of the crappy movie review.

The date is set. I'm flying back Down Under on February 14 first thing in the morning.
No love for me next year, I guess. Unless I find myself sitting beside a total hottie with perfect hair and innocent puppy eyes on board SQ 217 or something.
Well probably not. But a guy can only hope. *winks*

So that leaves me with about 48 days to spend here at home, but who's counting? I know I'm not. I have never enjoyed living at home this much in my entire life. Never.
When it's time, it's time. I don't wanna rush it.

But hey, come to think of it, this year really flew by in a flash. Didn't it?
In about one day and a few hours, 2008 will be history. And 2009 is already knocking on our doors, ecxited to be let in.
On a more personal level, that means I've got only two more semesters to go in uni, and in about a month's time I'm going to turn twenty! *passes out*

Wow. I'm getting old. For real.
Ah, whatever. We'll talk about this later.

'll have my slice of toast now, if you like. Hell with the no-food-after-6PM rule I singlehandedly ordered myself to obey. I need my calories.

Have a fabulous New Year's Eve, people!
Please watch your alcohol intake and try to NOT get drunk, if possible? *laughs*


You know you love me,
xoxo




*insert sounds of people throwing up on the background*

1 comment:

unee said...

Hm...I don't care what the critics says. I'm going to watch Australia and love it. Just for Kidman and Jackman's sake !