Thursday, January 15, 2009

...bridges are burning, baby i'm learning a new way of thinking now...

Currently listening to: Unusual You - Britney Spears


.stuckintraffic.
Tosari stop, Transjakarta Busway Corridor 1, 2009


Rumor has it that "If U Seek Amy" will be the third single from Circus. Which is probably a good thing, seeing as the song is awesome and all. I was kinda hoping her camp would choose to release a ballad as the third single to represent the softer, less-edgy side of the album, but I guess "If U Seek Amy" will potentially fare better, commercially-speaking.

But this is where the actual dispute lies. Even before the song is officially released, some people are already questioning the appropriateness of the song. Apparently they feel that the lyrics of the song is too blatant, too provocative, and full of direct sexual references which may not be suitable for the younger crowd in particular.

And you know what I think? Screw that.

I mean, think about it. The public thinks it's okay for Leona to bleed love, for Katy to kiss girls and like 'em, for Mariah to beg guys to touch her body and "throw her on the bed", and for Christina to refer to herself as a freaking super-bitch. Enough with the teasing and subtle eroticism. It's time to take things up a notch, don't you think? *laughs*

I know. Sorry. Couldn't help it.

Oh, by the way, hi.
*waves*

Work's been sweet. Working full-time sure is different from being a temp. No more long lunches, no more going in and out of the office as I please, no more lazing around. And I gotta admit that going corporate sure is fun, at least for the time being.
Thank heavens Dad likes to keep things casual and allows all his subs to NOT wear business suits to work. And that includes me, the newbie. Still no jeans, sure, but I decided to screw it and wear 'em anyway. Like my dad would ever notice. *wink wink*

This is what my cubicle looks like.



I have no freaking idea why the screen looks eerily reddish in color. Overexposure, perhaps. I sit near the windows, so that probably explains the overexposure part. *shrugs*

Yeah. As it turns out, I'm gonna have my Thursdays off. That partly explains why I even bother writing this post at like 10 in the morning TODAY! Yay for no work. LOL.

It's still raining cats and dogs right now, by the way. Been raining non-stop since the day before last, and if the gray skies and the sounds of thunder are any indication, I'm guessing the rain's still here to stay for a while.
I guess Mother Nature's in a pissy mood, or something. I hope Jakarta won't drown if this keeps up for another couple of days. *mind flashes back to the 2007 flood*

Alrighty. Better hop in the shower now.
I still have to make my bed, change the wood bedding in my hamsters' cage, feed the perpetually-hungry Kois, and take a shower. Oh that reminds me, I also have to look for some song lyrics and print them out for practice this arvo. Didn't I mention I have a singing gig this Friday? *winks*

So,. yeah. That's about it. *looks at watch*
I'm gonna dash at around 2 after Dad gets home. So that leaves me with, like, four hours to go?

Okie-dokie. Catch y'all later!
*grins*

2 comments:

MelMel said...

good luck for ur gig :D hohoho

MelMel said...

good luck for ur gig :D hohoho