Friday, July 11, 2008

...you always have my unspoken passion...

Currently listening to: Just The Way You Are - Susan Wong


Susan Wong totally rocks my world.
My friend got me two of her albums from Jakarta, and now I'm officially addicted to her songs, like, again. Feels almost like high school all over again, minus the perpetual cold, of course. *laughs*

Another mental note:
When in emotional doubt, take some time to whine, then proceed to the nearest movie theater to watch a bangin' good movie adaptation of a legendary, first-class musical play.



For those of you located reasonably proximate enough within reach to have had to endure the pain of listening to my continuous nonsense bitchfest during these last couple of days, you would probably have figured out by now *like, d-duh!* that I haven't exactly behaved like my usual self lately. So far I've realized that I've been gloomy, and moody, and painfully naggy. Not a trace of the socially-known-and-accepted JJ who's generally known to be loud and laugh-y and friendly and wacky, and even occasionally bitchy. *raises eyebrows*

Yet now I can be sure to say that those hateful days are behind me. At least for now.

I'm now feeling freshly rejuvenated. Thanks to all those kindhearted people who have bothered to bear with my incessant craziness, thanks to the presence of the sometimes-annoying-but-beautifully-rainy weather, and of course, thanks to Edina, Tomo, and and David for thoughtfully taking me to watch Mamma Mia!: The Movie last night, after a fun afternoon of cooking and an evening of sports.

*starts humming songs from the movie absentmindedly*

For the record, I always love musicals. Call me cheesy but I do. First Phantom of The Opera, then Dreamgirls, then Hairspray, and now Mamma Mia! to add to the list.

And yeah, I can't deny the fact that this movie had this REALLY happy vibe spreading out all throughout its full two-hour-ish run, and in the end I couldn't help but sing along to the songs included in the storyline, classic songs like "Dancing Queen", "Chiquitita", or even the title song "Mamma Mia!" itself. And it was comforting to realize that I wasn't the only one getting carried away by the movie; the round of applause eagerly given by the audience after the closing credits assured me that the movie was indeed mesmerizing, in its own sweet, musical way.

*searches YouTube for clips from the movie*

Anyway. *clears throat*
Results are out, and honestly speaking, I'm quite satisfied with the grades that I got.
Well they're not exactly overwhelmingly flashy or anything, but for my they're indeed good enough. I'm going to work harder this semester, just like I know I should be, I've promised myself that much. Yet for the time being, let me just take some time off and feel content about myself. *laughs*

Congrats to you guys who've achieved satisfactory, or better yet, exceptional grades.
For those who failed one or two, don't give up. There's still time to, like, pay off your debts, so to speak. So, cheer up, cheer up! *grins cheekily*

A new three-month academic fight to face starting next Monday, and I'm excited!
I hope I'll soon be able to negotiate with Allocate+ *sighs* and sort out my timetable problem, so that this long-and-cold semester will flow smoothly like I want it to.

Sometimes I find it hard to believe that I've been here for more than a year.
Time sure flies. Big time.

Enjoy your weekend, people!
*waves*

4 comments:

rina said...

JJ, Mamma Mia bagus ya?
Nonton ah =)

btw, congrats ya for your great achievement. Good luck in your next semester

Anonymous said...

JJ..hoho

nie ivann

nice blog

Anonymous said...

JJ..hoho

nie ivann

nice blog

ReRe said...

Jejejeee....
ak jg mo ntn tu mamamia..tp blm smpet..buseeet......penuh banget!!hufff..

JJ ap kabar?kmarin itu knp?ge bad mood knp?huff..andainya bisa ngobrol2 seharian am km...

wew..soal blog aku yang tentang makanan ituuuu..emank dipost 2..ak pgn semua orang baca,buang2 makanan itu ga baik..hehehehe..n soal Maslow's Hierarchy of needs...lg keinget ajah..hehehe (scr di psiko kan isinya teori teruuuus)


c ya JJ..Gbu