Monday, July 28, 2008

...about all the times we've shared together...

.smukiezchoirof2006/2007.
Aula Barat, Institut Teknologi Bandung, September 16 2006


Blame a cold, wintery night and a still-stuffed-up nose for this Extreme Makeover: Mood-swing Edition I'm currently having.
But yeah. To tell you the truth...

...I MISS SMUKIEZ CHOIR.
*blows nose with paper towel*

Still can't emphasize that enough, but I do miss SMUKIEZ Choir. Greatly.
And this is not my first time having this kind of creepy, reminiscent tantrum of my past. I've done it like several times in the past, if you guys have noticed. But anyways.

I really miss those times when I was still a part of the choir. I was a member for the full two years, a period within which I felt absolutely blessed and joyous.
I mean, those times were the best times of my life. Being in the choir totally changed my life; it filled my entire high school period with treasured memories.

Well, I used to sing the Tenor #2 parts, or more commonly known as the Baritone. I was one out of the five amazing, solid-voiced Tenors *cough cough* who made up the boys' high-tone end of the team, so to speak. The team configuration was left unaltered for like, I dunno, around 8 months or so, so it wasn't a surprise that we were all pretty close to each other. And I was proud of being part of the group, I really, REALLY was. It was really cool, being able to sing together with four other talented vocalists with great personalities and fabulous sense of humor. What could a guy ask for? *laughs*

Those 40 people were literally my second family. My home away from home. I mean, like, I even saw some of them more often than I saw my own parents, for heaven's sake!
We used to do everything together; practice together, sing together, cry together, laugh together, eat together, even live together! And at one point I became so accustomed to having their presence around me all the time that without them I somehow felt a little lost. It really happened, mind you. And it felt weird, as if something's missing. Even now I feel that I'm not complete, realizing that I'm no longer a part of the choir, or any choir for that matter. *sighs*

I miss skipping classes to attend choir practices for some formal or some charity event or some school occasion or something. I miss running around the school trying to get one of the deputy principals to sign the permission letters for choir members [Note: I was the secretary of the choir for like a year or so] in order for us to be able to go out of our classes and practice in peace. I miss singing in the school hall on the 8th floor, along with its extreme hotness and dustiness without the air-con turned on. I miss being obliged to still go to school on weekends and holidays just to attend practices. I miss going to school without wearing uniforms [during weekends of course], because the school officials gave us permission to enter with free attire. I miss after-school practices on the fifth floor. I miss just being around the other choir members. I miss singing together with them.

I miss the choir.
*sighs*

It's been more than a year since I left the choir, yet I don't know why I can't still get over the fact that it used to mean the world to me, especially in high school. It gave me a reason to wake up in the morning. And any further exaggerations aside, yes I still say that it meant a lot to me. Sincerely.

I was happiest when I was part of SMUKIEZ Choir. And nothing compares to that.
All the laughters, the tears, the stories, the fights, the drama, the memories, they all help make me the person I am today. And I'm grateful.

I can't find a replacement to this fantastic choir, and I won't even try. 'Cuz you guys are just irreplaceable. *smiles*

Also, then I was able to sing. Now? Not so much.
I can tell you that now I don't sound any better than Amy Winehouse whacked on crack.

But anyway.
It's funny, really. Noticing how we, the so-called 'choir alumni', still maintain close contact with each other through whatever means possible. Was checking out my posted photos on Facebook the other day and realized that on some of the old choir photos, the comments were from choir alumnis, and they were still discussing about arranging a reunion at the end of this year. Hopefully.
YES, guys, make it happen! And count me in. *crosses fingers*

I don't know when I would be able to sing together with you guys again, now that we're all, like, scattered in all parts of the world. As a matter of fact, the ex-choir fellas from the 2008 batch are probably on their way of spreading out to the corners of the globe as we speak. Well that's kinda sad, but life goes on, and I have to move on.

There will be a time, I'm sure, when we'll be all together again, singing at the top of our lungs like we used to, once in a blue moon. And I'm gonna wait for that time to come. *bows*



..And that was the end of today's cheesy ramble. Period.
Have a great week, guys. =]


PS: A special shoutout to ReRe, my bestest high-school friend. Whatever you're going through right now, do remember to stay strong, buddy! My support goes out to you. *hugs* Ganbatte ne! =]

3 comments:

rina said...

Hai JJ, how are you?
just stopping by to say hello =)

ReRe said...

Jejejejeje..
huhuhuhu...kangen banget..kangen juga smukiez choir..ya ampuuun dah 2 tahun gtu..and now I'm facing another ITB choir festival (gila,bosen banged dah!hahah)
Thanks ya J for the support..
Thanks for always there,although not HERE.. AHahahhaa.. *canda*
Cpet2 bulan november dee..byar bisa kumpul2..kangen..huff..

beeth.hup =) said...

uit uit..gw jg kangen.haha..tar lagi ktemu ya re di ITB. =)