Saturday, September 13, 2008

...my heavy heart sinks deep down under...

Currently listening to: Love Song - Sara Bareilles


.F.R.I.E.N.D.S.
Frankston Beach, Sept 6 2008


Winter is officially over and I'm not sure how I feel about it.
*sobs*

Was out and about in Clayton Road this afternoon, despite my earlier statement (as y'all Facebook addicts out there might have figured out from my ever-changing status) that I wouldn't be going out today, and halfway through my grocery-shopping fiesta I almost got pissed off by the fact that the sun was scorching, the winds were gusty, and there was dust flying everywhere.

I mean, c'mon. I know it's already mid-September and it's about damn time the sun started shining once again, but, helloooo, transition period, anyone?
Well logically, you just can't just wake up after a frosty night all curled up under your covers and find yourself sweating because of the morning heat, right? There must always be a gap between changes to allow for some adjustment. Agreed?

*shakes head*

Whatever. I guess I'm just feeling a little annoyed that it's getting warm and I didn't get a chance to say goodbye to the cold, being the over-sentimental spoiled brat that I am. No more fancy coats, no more scarfs, no more heaters, no more walking home with vapor-y breaths and frozen hands. *sighs*

Yet it's good to know that Mother Nature is still leaving behind some traces of cold; I can expect next week's weather to be slightly cooler, judging from the weekly forecast just published a couple of hours ago. I hope this year's Spring is festive!

As you guys might well remember, during last year's Spring I was facing exams so I didn't get to participate in the festivity of the season. But this year I promise myself I'm gonna do everything I can to make the most of the flowers season, and entertain myself silly. After all, the semester break is coming soon and during the break I won't have any more assignments to do! *jumps around secretly in the background*

Oh yeah. Just this morning I found out that there are beautiful flowers blooming all around my backyard! I didn't get a chance to take a picture of it this morning as I was probably too busy getting all hyped up about it with my housemates, but I promise I'll take one tomorrow and post it here, for the sake of showing off. *snickers* But no, seriously, they're gorgeous. So, yeah. One picture tomorrow, promise.

Okay. I think that's it for today.
I know lately it may seem that my blogposts have been turning into more of like a set of weekend-special texts, since I only post updates on weekends and all, but I guarantee this won't become a habit. I've been terribly busy these past couple of weeks, and I am actually still busy, but I've been trying to find excuses to NOT get to work and actually get something done. I'll probably do something productive after this, though. For the record, I've just finished a generous cup of coffee and now I'm revitalized, sorta. *laughs*

And oh yeah. On a sidenote, I was talking to my housemates this morning about various things that we think are overrated. Stuff like falling in love, graduating early and getting a job, buying a house and settling down, even getting all crazy about Spring and feeling a bit too happy because flowers are blooming on our backyard *cough cough*.

But d'you wanna know what I think is overrated right now?
Katy Perry's "I Kissed A Girl". Now that spells overrated, with caps and bold letters.
I mean, seriously, it's been talked about and discussed and taunted and criticized and so overly publicized up to a point that it gets too redundant.
So now the whole world probably knows that she kissed a girl, and she liked it. So what? *shrugs*


...Look just what hot weather and a slight migraine can do to JJ's sanity.
Have a good weekend, everyone.

4 comments:

said...

Oh JJ, enjoying blooming flowers isn't overrated! We all are responsible for own happiness, and so if feeling grateful for simple pleasures is a way, then why not?

Anonymous said...

It's not about Katy Perry kissed a girl and she liked it..
It's about the guilty pleasuring beat and musics that gets people addicted to it..
Oh wait,
that includes ME!!!!

Steven T. said...

hey there! thanks for posting on my blog!
did you find my blog through my youtube? :]

Anonymous said...

jj. rambut lo jadi coklat ya? ahahahaha. cieh. gw gak pernah lo seumur2 ngecet rambut =)