Sunday, September 21, 2008

...someday i'll wish upon a star...

Currently listening to: Over the Rainbow - Jane Monheit


.theendoftherainbow.
Rusden House, Notting Hill, Sept 19 2008


Rainbows make my day. *grins*

It happened last Friday. Jacelyn and I were busy playing Guitar Hero in her apartment while waiting for the rain to stop so I could head home when suddenly we heard the rain making funky rattling noises outside the window. Out of curiosity (and to avoid further embarrassment since I had been losing to her all the while anyway) we went out to her balcony to see what was going on.

And there it was. At that exact time, hail started to pour.
It was quite interesting, really, watching small, solid ice pebbles showering down from the gloomy sky and hitting the rooftops below the balcony of Jacelyn's apartment, making funny noises all the while. It lasted for about five minutes before it finally ceased down and a rainbow then appeared!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwww.
*stops writing, glassy-eyed*

...Well on second thoughts, no, I am NOT that sappy.
But yeah, when I was a kid, I used to be a hardcore believer in all those stupid fairytale stuff that my parents told me about magical creatures. For example, I used to believe that when one of my baby teeth fell out, I had to keep it under my pillow so that the tooth fairy could take it in my sleep and exchange it with money. Or that Santa Claus really existed. Or that at the end of every rainbow, there was a pot of gold belonging to a leprechaun, and that the rainbow would be the sign of him traveling from one end to the other to visit his treasure.

And I know that believing in those things is an essential part of the childhood stage, but now I just think that they're all stupid. Maybe I'm already way past my fairytale days, or something. At least seeing rainbows still excited me. *grins*

YAY for hails in Spring!
I actually saw another rainbow when I was around campus the other day, at the very beginning of Spring I think, and I did take some pictures of the rainbow, but I gotta dig through my pile of photos to find them first.

Oh, found it. Here it is.



That was taken somewhere around the main street of Monash Clayton. I don't even know what the street's name is; I just pass through it everyday on my way to and from uni.

*yawns*
Right. I gotta go take a shower now.

Have a great Sunday, people.
I'll make sure I'll get some work done by the end of today. Promise.


*****

"...Somewhere, over the rainbow, skies are blue...
And the dreams that you dare to dream,
Really do come true..."

7 comments:

AMANDA MEIRINI SUCAHYO said...

hey JJ.. just dropped by to say thanks for ur comments on my blog :-)

ur blog is really great too, y'know! guess what, i'm 39 and i STILL LOVE rainbows.. way up high, there's a land that i heard of once in a lullaby :-p

Anonymous said...

JEJE! THE RAINBOW IS SO DAMN BEAUTIFUL!! aaaaa. koq nemu aja sihh? maya blm pnah nemu rainbow di pulau-kcil-panas-lembab-pnuh-gedung-ini.. huhuhu

Anonymous said...

je bagus bgt. koq lu keren sih bisa ketemu??wahh. pengen. =)

Anonymous said...

je bagus bgt. koq lu keren sih bisa ketemu??wahh. pengen. =)

Anonymous said...

Phew! I wish to see a rainbow here. It's been years since my last time seeing a rainbow..

I wonder when will I get a chance to capture a rainbow.. (-_-)

*iri hati* hehehe =P

ReRe said...

J.. bagus rainbow nyaaaaaaa
Wish I could see "something like that" di Jakarta ini... hufff...
Hehehehe
Gbu...

tammi prasetyo said...

damn! how could you get this picture?!
it soooo damn good!
argh
argh
jakarta panas banget bo, depok lebih parah :)
and i am see no rainbow around here
hehe