Wednesday, May 17, 2006

...i love you...

*****

*silence*
*sound of raindrops splattering on the window*
*heavy breathing*
"…Stan?"
*sound of bedspread rustling*
*sleepy voice* "Uhhhmm… what is it? If you want another session, no thanks, I'm wasted."
"Have you ever been in love?"
*sound of body stirring* "My god, you woke me up just to ask that?"
"Have you?"
"Is this something I'm inescapable of or are you just making fun of me?"
"Shut up, stupid, just answer it."
*clears throat* "Okay, let's see now… it's only, what, three in the morning? C'mon, even you're not that so unromantic…"
*pleading* "Stan…"
*heaving a sigh* "All right, all right, I have. Now can I have some peaceful, restful, not-to-be-disturbed sleep?"
*pause*
*soft snoring sound*
*heavy breathing*
"…Uhm, Stan?"
*annoyed moan* "What now?"
"Are you in love with somebody?"
*sound of body shifting* "What's happening to you anyway, asking heart-wrenching questions in such a perfectly wrong time?"
"Hello, I'm doing the asking thing here, not you. Just answer it."
"Whoa, touchy." *sound of head bumping onto pillow* "Sadly to say, I am. Now good night."
"But--"
*threatening voice* "I mean it this time, sweetie. Good night."
*pause*
*sound of raindrops splattering on the window*
*sound of CD-Player being turned on, a song starting up*

"…All I hear is raindrops
Falling on the rooftop
Oh baby tell me why d'you have to go
'Cause this pain I feel it won't go away
And today, I'm officially missing you…"


*sharply* "Hey, turn that down!"
"No."
*sound of body shifting* "Gimme the remote!"
"Why? The song's just started! You're ruining the tranquility!"
"Yeah, perhaps, but that's none of my business, 'coz I'm trying to sleep here, remember? Now gimme that."
"No."
*rough slapping noise* "Ouch! Okay, okay, turning off's fine, no need to get violent!"
*sound of CD-Player being turned off*
*sigh* "That's better. Now good night."
*pause*
*distant sound of car honking*
*sniffing sound* "I don't get it."
*exasperated growl* "Bingo. Couldn't you just accurately think what I'm now thinking?"
"No, it's just that… what do you know about love?"
"Can I choose not to answer it?"
"No."
"Got that guessed alright. It hurts being such a brilliantly smart hunk."
*snorts* "Yeah, yeah, whatever. Now what do you think?"
*taking a deep breath* "Over-exploited."
"Come again?"
*thoughtful sigh* "Yeah, over-exploited. Just look at world around you. Just with a glimpse you'll see that love's everywhere, in every song, every poem, every story, every movie, everywhere, even in politics and stuff. Well, I understand love sells, and not just sells alright, but SELLS, yet is it necessary to publicize it so openly? Man, it so needs privacy too to grow."
"You think so?"
"Yep. And don’t argue with me on that 'coz it's true. Look around and you'll see what I mean."
*pause*
"Hey, fallen asleep already?"
*snickers* "Nah, I was just thinking…"
"That you were about to say the same thing?"
"Bullseye."
*laughter*
"Yeah, maybe you're right. We're abusing love too much--WAY too much. The thing that was once so divinely sacred is now so mundanely commercial."
"Right where you are, sweetheart. Don't you just love it when you go all sharp and stuff?"
"Oh, shut up."
*sound of pillow being thrown then slamming on a face*
*Ouch! Oookay, that attack was not necessary."
*laughter*
"Well, are you satisfied with me now?"
*pause* "Yeah, after second thoughts, maybe you do deserve some quiet sleep of your own."
*moaning* "Oh, for heaven's sake, what took you so long just to realize that? I mean, wow, that was really shocking."
*taunting* "Don't overreact, it can kill you someday."
"Hear, hear… now can I sleep?"
"Fine. Go to sleep, I don’t care."
"Great. 'Night."
*sound of bedspread rustling*
*sound of body adjusting*
*silence*
*audible sigh, deep breathing* "Stan?"
"Hmmm?"
"I love you."
*pause*
*sound of rain ceasing down*
*sound of bodies shifting*
*soft, grateful sigh* "I love you too."

*****

For a beautiful angel out there... You know who you are.

1 comment:

Desperate Houseboy said...

Lagi jatuh cinta sama sapa, J? :P