Tuesday, June 26, 2007

...about books...

I have discovered one strange yet painfully true fact about college life just today. Well, except from the part where I realized that Building 73 of the Clayton campus is congested by people from the mainland China. No racist comment here whatsoever. I just wanna point out that wherever you go around the building, you'll definitely hear some Chinese spoken around you, either in hushed whispers or pronounced loudly between giggles.

Whatever. I'm getting awfully OOT here. Ok, back to the painfully true fact thingy...

Wtf. The textbooks that I need to purchase for tutorial classes, assignments, and exam materials cost significantly higher than the amount I need to pay my unlimited wireless internet bill. And the books aren't even brand-new; they're all poorly-maintained, savagely-priced secondhand copies! Whew. Imagine that.

What makes me even more reluctant in buying is the mind-blowing thought that I can similarly go crazy-shopping in Chadstone and end up going back home, all spent and exhausted, with a considerable amount of extra-cool stuff with that frikkin' A$650; something I consider much more worthy than wasting that yummy total on, gawd, brand-new, hard-covered lousy college textbooks!! The ones that I'm sure I won't even have a chance to familiarize myself with before they eventually have to move on to yet another common-college-student-minded-and-not-used-to-real-textbook user.

Tell me, now. Who in their right state will be willing to take out that much amount cash *gawd, my hearts aches even when I type* in exchange for those books? No offense. I just don't quite get the idea why.

Well, this is when I'm really thankful that there is such thing as a book-marketplace in my campus community. An online forum where you can actually find excellent bargains on good used books with much cheaper price. Thank God.

I thought I was gonna go broke and starve for the rest of the month due to purchasing, no, sacrificing all I was worth on those damned books. Now I can at least relax a little. Haha. Whatever. I don't know where this lame post is going to.

Anyway. I guess that's about it. Gotta go to sleep earlier so I can catch tomorrow's morning lecture.
Nite, guys!! *winks*

No comments: