Thursday, August 21, 2008

...i hope it never goes away...

Currently listening to: Pieces of Me - Ashlee Simpson


Morning, peeps.
It's raining outside, and I'm stuck in uni. Thank heavens for the ever-vacant Menzies computer labs; at least I can kill some time waiting for the morning shower to cease.

Didn't have to attend the usual 9AM lecture today yet I still had to wake up early 'cuz I had a mid-test for my Behavioral Studies subject this morning. Talk about taking a quick shower on an insensibly freezing morning. *shivers*
And, truth be told, the test didn't go exactly well, to say the very least.

Reality check: I wasn't actually prepared for the test anyway.
Out of the 15 readings I was supposed to revise for the test, I only managed to read like 9 of them last night. I was exhausted after only having four hours of sleep the night before, so in the end I just gave up trying to study and head to bed. And as it turned out, the test was full of ambiguous arrangements of most of the materials I had revised. If only I had put more effort into staying awake and reading with a clear head. Goodness crapness.

Multiple choices + Not enough preparation + ambiguous test at 9AM = total HELL.

Damn. This is why I freaking hate multiple choice questions. Especially the ones that end with D) All of the above and E) none of the above.
Call me harsh, but to me it seems like whoever made those questions had been, like, eternally undecided about which correct answers to give out, and instead of making the right answers subtly suggestive, had decided to add those two demented options at the end of every choice list just to obscure things and make the lives of the test-doers so much harder.

Whatever. What's done's done.
It's 10AM and I'm still grumpy. And the stupid-arse lady at Coffee HQ downstairs just succeeded in pissing me off a little bit more by making me a LARGE, instead of a TALL skiny caramel latte for my order. OMG, I mean, she takes my coffee orders like almost everyday! Forgetting is so out of the question. And it gets even more unacceptable 'cuz she actually knows me by name.
Hello?
Irritated, much?
Or maybe she's just not a morning person to have been able to forget my usual daily order, just like I am so NOT born for early mornings. *yawns*
Or maybe she just took the wrong cup when making my coffee? It was a good thing that I didn't have to pay more for a larger-sized latte, though. Thankfully.

Anyway.
Now that I've got nothing to do 'till 2PM, I guess I'll just amble my way back home once the rain outside has eased up a bit. Better start thinking about what to cook for lunch. *drools*

Morning caffeine fixes make my day.
And I wouldn't mind walking home under the rain if only I weren't as unfit and sleep-deprived to begin with. Oh well. No-sleepers can't be whiners.

I'll talk to you guys later, then.
Heyheyhey for an awesome, rainy Thursday! *grins*


UPDATE: It's 2.30PM now, and I can't get out of the house. The rain's still pouring outside and it doesn't show any signs of stopping. Guess I'm skipping another tute then. *sighs*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOORAY FOR CARAMEL LATTES!
oh oh oh! guess how I get my caffeine fix in the morning! CHOCOLATE! hahahah i'm a chocolate fiend..
speaking of unfit.. i'm sick as a dog, shot down with the flu and cough and it doesn't help that i've got a zillion things to do still for this week and next week.
and YES i will definitely enjoy the ball.. free-flowing drinks (of the alcoholic variety) is something i look forward to =]
and i shall post photos.. if i'm not too drunk hehe

Anonymous said...

and yes love love LOVE the new layout

cNdy said...

jj..!!!!!!