Thursday, October 16, 2008

...make up break up can't take this madness...

Currently listening to: I Stay in Love - Mariah Carey


.underthescorchingsun.
Alexander Theater lawn, Monash University, Oct 14 2008


Can't believe it's almost weekend again.
This week flew by so quickly. Revision after revision, with returned assignments coming one after another. Can't say I'm disappointed with them, though. It's good to feel that all my hard work had been paid off. *grins*

But now I kinda have a reason to celebrate.
I'm officially done with every last piece of non-exam assessment for this semester.
Does that spell happiness, in bold? Well, more like relief. But I'm glad it's over and done with, thank God. Now I can take some time off before going crazy over exam revision.

Got a call from Singapore Airlines the other day, informing me that my Singapore-Jakarta flight had been confirmed for November 25. And I was like, oh okay that's sweet, but what the hell's gonna happen to my Melbourne-Singapore one? Apparently I'm still waitlisted for that one, but hey, no pressure. If anything goes wrong, I still have another flight confirmed on December 1. *winks*
Just thought it would be more fab if I could fly home sooner, straight into the waiting arms of my beloved hometown. Sorta.

Oh well. *yawns*
It's still 10pm-ish and i'm lazy as hell.
My room looks like the ruins of a freaking hurricane-wrecked area. I'll probably do some cleaning after this, if my mood permits me. I just had my second cup of coffee for the day a couple of minutes ago and am still waiting for the cheerful caffeine effect to kick in.

I was actually planning to write something more structured and educated than this waffling piece of crap. Something related to hyperreality and post-modernism and what-have-yous. Blame this morning's BHS1712 test to have successfully aroused the dormant philosopher in me. But oh whatever. My brain's not being cooperative right now so I think I'll pass.

I miss Europe, big time. *sighs*
Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Paris, London, Monte Carlo. And the always-irresistible French Riviera with its dazzling beaches, of course. It's been like more than two years, since my last visit, and I'm dying to go back there. I need a blue sky holiday, to quote Daniel Powter.

Was going through my picture folder just now when I realized that I'd left all my Europe holiday pictures at home back in J-Town. Too bad. *tugs at hair*
I'll probably go look for some old pictures in my old cellphones later and post any good ones here. Given that I'm able to actually find those cellphones in the first place, that is.

For the time being, let me stretch out my hands wide in the air, take some time to let out a huge yawn of relief, and scream Thank God It's Friday! at the top of my lungs.
Better yet, I'm going to IKEA tomorrow! *grins*

Have a great weekend, guys!

*****

And I keep on telling myself that you'll come back around
And I try to front like "Oh well" each time you let me down
See I can't get over you now no matter what I do
Baby baby, I stay in love with you...

2 comments:

unee said...

DAMN !. Itu photo'nya sapa yang njepret,J ?.
Keren ih !!!.

Rina Suryakusuma said...

JJ, dah lama kita nggak contact ya ;-) how are you over there?
Nice pic banget tuhhh ;) Kamu yang jepret ya? Wow, ada bakat seni tuh ;-)
Tahun ini ada rencana balik Indo, ya?