Tuesday, November 25, 2008

...about the time spent in between terminals...

Hey y'all.
It's precisely 6.30 AM local time and I'm dead tired. *rubs eyes*

Here I am, sitting on a secluded couch at a corner of T2 Changi's Starbucks Coffee outlet. Yawning. Shamelessly Facebooking, and blogging, as you can see *winks*. And absently sipping on my ninth or tenth cup of coffee within the last twelve hours - I gave up counting after my fifth during the flight to ease up the guilt a little.
Now I'm on a caffeine high but who cares. Still sleepy as hell, though, and I've still got about an hour and a half until my next flight departs. So why not slack off and rest a little?

Thank heavens for Wireless@SG. *yawns*
This is why I love Singapore's amazing Changi Airport.

The seven-and-a-half-hour flight from Melbourne was fairly harmless and smooth. The food was decent, the journey was comfortable, and the new-and-improved KrisWorld was so addictive it kept me awake all throughout the flight. The landing in itself was particularly impressive, with not even the slightest amount of turbulence during the touchdown. It was as if the plane was light as a feather, or something.
Oooh. Awkward phrase. Please pretend you didn't just read that. *sighs*

I know its probably far too early to say this, but I'm missing Melbourne already. Big time. And I haven't even reached Jakarta yet.
I really don't have even the slightest idea of what my holiday in J-Town will be like. It's all still in a blur. And as inevitable as it is, I'm already finding it hard to re-adjust to the tropical climate after 11 months of enduring the four-seasons-in-a-day phenomenon that is dear ol' Melbourne. I'm sweating right now, even though I'm indoors. It's gonna take some getting used to.

And just now I checked the weather forecast for Jakarta, and it seems like a bad week, weather-wise, is expecting me. *raises eyebrows*

Oh whatever. I'm still glad I'm going home.

Gotta get going now. Still got some books to hunt before I hop on my next flight!
I'll be in touch when I'm home. Which will be anytime soon. *grins*

See you, Melbourne.
Hello Jakarta! :)

2 comments:

said...

You might actually feel better considering that your family will be more than happy to have you around. The world doesn't turn around any of us ;)

Anonymous said...

you could've told me you're in changi!!!!!