Wednesday, November 12, 2008

...i can't explain, what's the glue that holds us in...

Currently listening to: Put Your Arms Around Me - Natasha Bedingfield


.whenthesungoesdown.
Queens Rd, St. Kilda, 2008


Ooooyeah. Freedom at last.
*jumps around*

Honestly speaking, the last exam was far from glamorous, to say the least. I knew I shouldn't have underestimated the enigmatic mystery that is MKC2210, and now I've had to pay the price for actually giving in to my insecurity and losing confidence during the torturous two-hour guilt trip yesterday. *sighs*
Yeah. Whatever. I don't wanna think about it. Not now anyways. There'll be plenty of time to mourn.

So now I have exactly thirteen days of Summer to be spent frolicking across dear ol' Melbourne before flying home on the eve of November 25th. Sunnies out, flip-flops on, shorties worn, let the fun begin, y'all!

A couple of things to do:
1. Get a haircut, a redye, and a thorough treatment. Got a 1pm appointment with the ever-reliable Jacob tomorrow, YAY!
2. Arrange a get-together with the remaining members of Genk Nyamuk before people either fly home or start their Summer classes.
3. Shop till drops. DFO, anyone? *wink wink*
4. Start looking for souvenirs and the like. Probably not this week, though.
5. Confirm enrolment for 2009.

And oh yeah, I won't forget to have FUN. Don't worry. *laughs*

I really can't say I'm excited about the idea of going home, though, now that the date's drawing closer. My life's all good 'n jolly down here and I can't imagine having to adjust again to the bustling lifestyle back home. I do miss J-Town, true, yet a part of me doesn't really wanna go back there for some reason. But yeah, you know me, whiny as can be. The excitement's gonna start growing up on me soon enough, I hope. *grins*

Oh. It's 32 degrees outside. Looks like the sun is in a jolly good mood today. Thank heavens for reliable sun-shades and air-conditioner. *grins* I'd planned to go to Borders Chadstone earlier to spend the evening there relaxing and stuff, but the heat really turned me off, so I decided to stay home and do something productive.

And guess what? I cleaned up!
*insert sound of people clapping in the background here*

For the first time in quite a while, I actually managed to clear up the mounting pile of junk that's been lying around the back corner of my room for like, I dunno, a couple of months? I dusted my furnitures, vacuumed my carpeted floor, took care of my laundry, and re-arranged my shelves. I also took the time to organize my uni stuff, putting them together into a pile and put them on a separate shelf. It took me about two hours to do all those things, and now my room's almost as good as new. *grins*

Cleaning up has never been one of the most enjoyable chores to do for me personally, but I gotta admit that it does give me a sense of pride, and achievement, and satisfaction.
Knowing that I'm a lazy-ass procrastinator by nature, I realize that I really have to push myself hard to start taking better care of my possessions. Or my dwelling space, in this case. After all, my room's already comfortable in itself, so why not preserve the comfort and keep it clean?

I dunno. Something that I gotta work on in the future, I guess.

And no, this isn't the end of it all.
For the last couple of days my landlord has been sending borderline-hostile messages to me and my housemates, warning us to keep the common areas downstairs clean and tidy at all times. Those messages start from the most subtle to the most threatening, the latter having been received just a couple of seconds ago. *sighs*

Owh noeyh. Bugger.
Okay that was a terribly lame imitation of a bogan Australian accent but whatever.

Catch you guys later!
And oh yeah, Summer holiday's finally here. Bring it on, baby!
*grins*

Take care!
xoxo

No comments: