Thursday, November 27, 2008

...suddenly i see, what you mean to me...

Currently listening to: Love is All Around - Ricki-Lee Coulter

.agreatwaytofly.
Changi Airport, Terminal 2, Nov 25 2008


The Semester 2 results are out, and I PASSED ALL FOUR UNITS!!
*jumps around*

Take that, MKC2210. You thought I was gonna go down, did you? But I didn't. And yeah, who's the winner now? *raises eyebrows*
Hahahaha. I should stop this. But I'm happy! =)

Thank you, Lord.

*kneels down and prays*


On a totally different note...

I know it’s only been three days, but I miss Melbourne already. *sighs*

Was skimming through my always-overcrowded photos archive folder just now trying to look for an accompanying image for this post, and soon enough I ended up looking at random pictures of me and my Melbourne friends doing our usual stupid and ridiculous *cough cough* stuff together.

Truth be told, I kinda miss them. I miss all the fun stuff I do in Melbourne. And I actually miss interacting with people outside my family.

Never thought I’d ever say this, but I kinda miss socializing. Really.

Ever since I got here three days ago, I’d been continuously resting, lazing around, tagging along random family members for mini-reunion sessions, and eating together with my parents. I’ve been dragged around by my parents doing a whole bunch of activities I don’t even enjoy. And I do know that they mean well by that, but after only three days back home I’m already starting to feel suppressed by their constant presence and control over what I do, or what I eat, or where I go and such.

Oh well. Just like old times. *sighs*

Sometimes I wonder why it’s very hard for them to try and accept the fact that this very guy right here *points at self* is just days away to turning twenty and thus is no longer the innocent, helpless boy they often still think he is. But hey, I supposed they’ve just been missing me. I should shut up, be touched, bar with it, and get by.

But anyway. I still love having them around. God knows how much I’ve missed my parents, especially my mom. It’s good to have her around within hugging distance. *grins* I love my mom.`=)

And I’m trying to get used to the life in the Jakartan suburbia once again, so to speak. Getting used to living at home again. Getting used to home. *smiles*

That means waking up in the morning to the sound of the noisy fruit mixer coming from downstairs. Ambling my way down the stairs to see Mom pouring bowls of various fruits into the mixing blender. Giving her a sloppy morning hug and picking up a few leftover fruits as I go. Seeing my maid, the second mom of the house, take off to the morning market near the house. Proceeding to the so-called “pet area” of the house to serve breakfast to my hamsters, paying attention to the direction of my barely-coordinated walking so as not to accidentally slip into the koi pond. Going back to sit on the living room sofa, waiting for Mom to come over and feed the kois. Drinking the fruit juice Mom just made. Then going back upstairs to wake up Dad, then laze around a bit more, or go online for a while, or do some light exercise in the home-gym, or watch TV, or take a shower. The rest of the day will fly by after this “compulsory” morning routine is all played out.

So far I’ve been a stay-at-home goodie. For all the reasons stated above, plus another one that I can't disclose right here. A very important one, that prohibits me from getting out of the house at least for a few days. But I swear I’m gonna go out tomorrow. Staying at home for too long a time can kill me. Boredom is the new cool in my current state of mind. I’ve been so bored that I even took the initiative to clean up my old bookshelf just to get busy over something. I haven’t unpacked yet, though; let me spare that for later. I’ve got plenty of time. *shrugs*

And the heat! Oh. My. Gosh. The heat is just unbearable. I’m conflicted between saving energy to fight global warming and turning on all the aircons, full-force, in my house 24/7 to escape the blistering hot weather. If only it would rain right about now. I could use a bit of a cool-off, and so could the rest of the town’s population. Oh my. Tropical weather, you certainly haven’t been missed. *fans self*

So yeah. Bottom line? I’m dying to get the hell out of the house.

I wanna raid the malls! Especially all the new ones. And I gotta start collecting the stamps for the 2009 Starbucks Planner, since I’m quite late already. Makes me feel anxious and out-of-date. This is one of those rare ocassions of me being a late adopter of anything Starbucks-related.

Whew, JJ, snobbish much? Sorry. *grins bashfully*

Too bad the socializing thingy will have to wait just a little longer.
Most of my old friends here, if not all of them, are still busy with their own uni stuff, since their holidays don’t start until at least another month or so. Christmas still feels so awfully far away here. My friends who’re back in town from overseas just aren’t available for various reasons, and I don’t wanna push them. After all, I’ve still got two months, maybe more, to spend frolicking across this town, so I guess a little extra idle time won’t hurt. *raises eyebrows*

For now, let me continue being whiny. There are some things that an overheated brain can do, but mustering an appropriate form of self-control is obviously not one of them. So please bear with me.

Oh! Guess what, I managed to persuade Dad to convert the Internet connection in our house to FastNet! No more delays and super-sucky connection, yeah! I’m so excited to try the baby out. It’s coming soon, probably tomorrow. *winks*

See you guys! =)

2 comments:

The Dancing Leaves said...

J.. jangan lupa kumpulin stamp starbucks buat gue juga yawh...
wkwkwkwkwkwkwkwk...

Anonymous said...

Congrats, JJ!

BTW, I'm considering to make my blog semi-private. I'd love to hear your opinion. If you want to give a comment, please do so at:

http://chronocapsule.wordpress.com/2008/12/01/home-not-for-long/

Thank you! ^_^