Thursday, February 05, 2009

...'cause in your eyes i'd like to stay...

Currently listening to: Thinking of You - Katy Perry


.greyasthesky.
The Skyride, Sentosa Island, Singapore, 2009



First off, THIS makes me sad.
Poor little fella. *sighs*
Kindly click on the link, if you will.

That, ladies and gentlemen, is a perfectly valid example of why it is so NOT a good idea to keep polluting the environment.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but what I get is this.
As the global temperature rises, extreme heatwaves like the one Australia had just survived very recently can probably occur much more often during summer. Winters would get shorter and shorter as well, altering the pace of the seasonal cycle. Aside from rising sea levels due to the melting of ice caps and extreme weather anomalies during summers and winters, the sustainability of living beings can also be increasingly threatened by changing environmental conditions. And if this keeps up, soon enough innocent creatures like the koalas won't be the only ones severely affected by these bizarre shifts in nature.

The future of mankind is at stake here. And the change has to start from us.
*shakes head*


Anyway.

I apologize for the absence. *bows*
I'd say I've been busy and whatnot, but that would be a totally lame excuse.

These days my life practically revolves around work and the office. I work 8-to-4 four days a week, and the main office is located in the industrial area of Tangerang, so that means I have to commute all the way down to and from Tangerang almost every day.
Yeah, I gotta tell you, working as an intern in a really, REALLY busy office can really wear out one's batteries. For real. Most days I go home all spent and dizzy after a hard day's work. I can only sleep after 10 PM -- that's just the way my body clock is internally set -- and since during workdays I have to wake up at 5.30 in the morning, I no longer have the luxury of getting eight hours of sleep at night.


But aside from that, the job itself is kinda awesome. My cubicle's quite comfy, the people there are all nice and welcoming, and I kinda enjoy doing what I do at work, if that's even remotely possible. I got a taste of what being in the corporate work is going to feel like, and the experiences that I've gotten so far are valuable. I still fuck up my tasks sometimes, but my overall frequency of errors is drastically declining as we speak. After all, that's what all this is about, right? A learning process.

The internship's ending next week; Monday would be my last day of work. After that, I gotta move on straight to packing, and that's just too awful to think about right now. *tugs at hair*

Oh, I also spent last weekend in Singapore getting an eye checkup and vacationing. Three days weren't long at all, no, especially for a holiday, but at least I had some decent quality time with Mom and Dad. God knows all three of us deserve a good holiday together. And we did, thank God.

Next week is going to be the most emotional week of the entire Summer holiday. I'm sure of that. But I'll get through it. I know I will.

*yawns*

Shit. I want more glazed donuts.

No comments: