Tuesday, February 24, 2009

...hold your own, and know your name, and go your own way...

Currently listening to: Details in the Fabric - Jason Mraz ft. James Morrison


.doiloveyoubecauseyou'rebeautiful?.
Bus 630 stop, Huntingdale Station, Feb 2009


My Semester 1 timetable is out, and I've got NO MORNING CLASS this semester! No, not even one, ladies and gentlemen. How amazing is that?!

*jumps around*

Not everything's settled though. I still have to sort out some things and switch some tutes around, if that's even possible. But we'll see. Uni hasn't even started yet, so I don't know how things are gonna play out.

For the time being, I'm just gonna stay put, and relax while I still can. My summer holiday's ending in less than a week, so I gotta make the most out of what little time I have left to just chill and get ready for the thirteen-week's worth of endless workload and sleepless nights that's waiting for me just 'round the corner.

Like right now, for instance. I'm just sitting here, in the warm confines of my uber-amazing room, smelling the sweet aroma of cranberries gently coming from the oil burner, lazily basking under the comforting, mesmerizing rays of my multicolored hanging lights while waiting for Gossip Girl's "Summer Kind of Wonderful" to load. Nothing short of awesome, I'd say.

And the weather's been quite decent lately, too. It even felt a bit like Fall today, with occasional breezes blowing by and the sun being uncharacteristically shy.
I really wish Summer would just end soon; I can't wait for the days to get shorter, and for the leaves to start turning yellow and red, and for the rain to finally start pouring again.

So I guess I've got plenty of reasons to smile. *grins*
I hope this lasts.

Oh, and with the intentions of jumping in the post-Oscar-euphoria bandwagon...

Slumdog Millionaire totally reigned on this year's Academy Awards. Shocker? Not so much. Hugh Jackman was funny and charming. The musical number was absolutely stunning, though Beyonce sure looked like she was miming her way through the whole act. Dustin Lance Black's acceptance speech brought me to tears. Kate Winslet's, however, made me laugh.

And to absolutely noone's surprise, Heath Ledger got his posthumous Oscar.
Oh yeah. Nicely done. 'Cuz he totally deserved that.

*gives a standing applause*

That's a wrap for the 81st Annual Academy Awards. I daresay you guys did a great job this year.
And out of shame and a twinge of inferiority, I'd have to admit that I haven't got a chance to watch this year's Best Picture winner. I'll work on that.

For now, just let me sit back, relax, inhale the smoky, cranberry-scent-infused air that fills my light-deprived dwelling space, and take in the array of severe product-placement overload, brand overcrowding, frozen-faced "actors", and fake, fabricated Upper-East-Side drama.

Heaven knows I've probably earned it.


*presses the 'Play' button*

No comments: