Sunday, February 15, 2009

...standing in the light of your halo...

Currently listening to: Halo - Beyonce


.beneaththemorningsky.
SQ951, Terminal 2 Bandara Soekarno-Hatta, Feb 2009


So I'm back in Melbourne, ladies and gentlemen.

It was pretty hard, you know, leaving Jakarta. A part of me didn't want to go and leave everything I had back there behind. And now I miss Mom more than ever. *sighs*
But I guess life has to go on, right?

So here I am, all in one piece. Still exhausted as hell, though, but I know the feeling's gonna go away eventually. I gotta say, Melbourne's looking pretty cheerful these days despite the fact that it just barely survived its worst heatwave on record a couple of weeks ago. I'm glad the bushfires can finally be contained and stopped, and it hopes that everything will go back to normal as soon as possible.

And it feels good to be back, it really does. Feels good to inhale the clean Melbourne air through my nostrils. Feels good to enjoy the Summer sunshine while I walk to the bus loop with my RayBans on and earphones plugged in. Feels good to find myself sitting here, inside the warm confines of my spacious room, facing the ever-familiar table, with a cup of coffee standing just beside my laptop Bodhi. Feels good to hang out with the housemates again and to get to know the new ones that moved in when I was away.

On that particular note, the house now has a much happier vibe going on inside since there's a toddler in the house!
I know, shocking, right? *raises eyebrows*

I promise I'm gonna introduce the adorable Niko to you guys in another post. He's just the sweetest, most adorable little thing I've ever seen my entire life, for real! I've only known him for less than a day but he's already grown into following me everywhere when I walk around the house, and has taken the liberty of calling me "Uncle J" with his cute little baby-language voice since he's two years old and can barely talk at all!

I'll make sure he gets featured in one of my future posts. *laughs*

Anyway.

It's kinda late, and I still have, like, a gazillion things to do.
Thank God I remembered to vacuum my room this morning. At least I've managed to actually get something done at all today.

I guess I better start getting used to taking care of myself again from now on.
*sighs*

Lates, guys!

No comments: