Wednesday, February 06, 2008

...gong xi gong xi..

Gawd.
I am now officially in love with Eternal Summer.

I'm gonna spare you all the details, but yeah, in short? The movie is AMAZING.
Like, seriously, artistically and characteristically amazing. I love the characters. I love the setting. I love the color schemes. I love the short shots. I love the dialogues. I love the slow pace. I love Jonathan Kang. *laughs*

Here are some memorable quotes taken straight from the movie's subtitles.


***

"Shane: ..Why did you disappear?
Jonathan: Well.. I just got bored.
Shane: What were you and that girl talking about?
Jonathan: Huh?
Shane: I said, what were you and that girl talking about?
Jonathan: Nothing, really. Why do you care?
Shane: *jerks hand away from Jonathan*
Shane: Why won't you tell me?
Jonathan: Tell you what? It's not important.
Shane: If it's not important, why can't you tell me?
Jonathan: Just small talk...
Shane: Are you gonna tell me or not?
Jonathan: *pouts* I don't want to.
*silence*
Jonathan: ..Fine, she was just saying that..
Shane: *interrupts, walking away* I don't wanna hear anymore."


"When we grow up, everything changes..."

"Aren't we best friends? What can't you tell me..?"


"...Me or Carrie?"


"He was my only friend..."


"Shane... You're not just a friend to me.. I really really love you.."


***



Yeah. I think I've made my point already.
Dreamy stares and quiet, sobbing tears are just emotionally priceless. And this is me talking, not some spoiled, romantic, cheesy, and over-sentimental brat of an alter ego who'd just cried his heart out like a baby when watching this movie some one hour ago.

*wipes tears off cheek*

Anyways.
It's been raining on and off all day long, and I'm feeling somehow insecure.

Just now Mom told me that this Chinese New Year, all my direct blood-relatives are coming home to celebrate the day together. Each and everybody, all gathered round the table in one place back home for the festive season, except me. Poor little ol' me.

Upon hearing the news, I was like "WHAT?!" Since, you know, my family is quite large in numbers, and surely this is a very rare occurrence. I mean like, all twenty three members of the family together under one roof? Last time it happened was sometime in 2002, if I'm not mistaken. And that long-left-yet-not-forgotten moment could only be realized after a month's long of planning and compromising and a bit of bitter arguing.

So, when Mom passed me the big news this afternoon, I was quite shocked.
And now I'm regretting my decision to stay down under this Chinese New Year.

Oh well. I'm sure my absence won't make much difference to the feast, though. My presence is usually quite indifferent among the crowd anyway. So, I guess I'll just have to get by and focus on what's at hand...

...which is The Cooking date tomorrow! *jumps around*
And maybe we can all go to Springvale to watch the Chinese New Year celebration parade there.

Alrighty then.
I'll wrap up this post by wishing you guys a happy Chinese New Year. May this year be more prosperous and blessed for all of us.
Hong bao na lai? *winks*

No comments: