Tuesday, February 26, 2008

...when you're lying awake...

Currently listening to: Ten Feet High - Andrea Corr


I ran into Gaby in the city yesterday, on my way to catch a movie at Hoyts Melbourne Central. She looked great in black! Omg it was great to finally see her again after all these months! Hahaha. If you're reading this, Gabs, this is for youuuuuu! *laughs*

Oh yeah btw.
Yesterday was my very first day in uni, and to be honest, it wasn't so bad.
I got to see some old friends. Make some new ones. I saw a LOT of Aussies in my class, which isn't supposed to be strange knowing that I'm taking Marketing/Communication subjects, those of which are dominated by Aussies and are relatively scarce of Asians *blinks eye at the thought*.

Not that I'm complaining about that, though. I really hope I can finally be able to make some real Aussie buddies this time. *laughs*

And, oh yeah. I also happened to have found some new, previously-hidden hang-out places on campus. A place like the simply sweet cafe below Hargrave Andrew Library I visited with MelMel after class yesterday. Or the nice, freshly-mown grass field near Engineering Building suitable for slacking off between classes.

It was finally revealed to me that my dear Clayton campus is in fact authentically HUGE.
No kidding. Like, I can get lost in the area within seconds. Truth be told, if MelMel hadn't been with me the whole time, guiding me through all those complicated alleyways and shortcuts to various places, I would've been lost in no time, crying my heart out like some silly retard. *laughs*

What's worse, my classes are all spread out in different buildings. Building 8, Building 12, Building 25, and some other buildings I haven't even heard of. So much for the hopeful thought that I would be based on the square-beehive-looking Robert Menzies building. But I guess I'll have to get by. After all, wandering around campus is fun, especially with Autumn coming soon. I'll get to see all the leaves turn red! *smiles*

Mental note: Remember to ALWAYS bring the campus map with me at all times during like the first three or four weeks to avoid disastrous experiences.

Alright then I gotta go now.
Got a lunch date coming up with old College friends! Yippie! *laughs*

No comments: