Thursday, August 30, 2007

..the pieces gone..

Currently listening to: Beautiful - Christina Aguilera


My supposedly expected-to-be-boring days so far turn out to be quite eventful.
Am really really REALLY grateful for the actually-undeserving HD I managed to scrap in the first Accounting assignment. I nearly burst into tears when I got the papers back and looked at the flashing big red '93%' circled untidily on the cover sheet; I was like speechless and shaking all over in an instant, literally. Added by constant ga-gaing and continuous euphoric stomach-lurches that managed to stay for hours afterwards.

I mean, omigod, this is my FIRST ever authentic good mark I receive in this frikkin' subject!! Like, the very very first one in almost three years of lingering in complete oblivion struggling to try and grasp the idea of doing Accounting properly.

I am blessed to have such supportive and competent friends who are willing to help me overcome my incurable dumbness in numbers and reach this outstanding achievement.

And, yes. I am truly grateful. Thank you, guys.
*continues to glance gratefully, tearful-eyed, at Sharlene, Leyi, and Andrew*

Well. Then came the lunar eclipse thingy.

It happened on Tuesday night for around an hour. And we were all ecstatic! Leyi kept calling me back to give updates on the whereabouts of the moon, aided by occasional hyped-up screamings coming from her housemate. *grins* My friends who live in the city even went to Albert Park just to see! Too bad the sky was cloudy in the city area that night. *sighs* I took the chance to text my besties in J-Town, even took the chance to text a gotten-over past crush for a sweet reply *winks winks*, and called some other peeps who were just as excited as I was. Then I called Chris, and he told his friends, and they told their second-degree friends, and those friends told somebody else, and so on the channel goes.

But, yeah. In the end it was beautiful. Quite a rare sight, you know, seeing the moon turn bloody red and stay that way for hours. It was as if something cruel was hurting the moon sooo badly that it bled. *laughs* Felt like witnessing a fairy tale scene in real life, strangely enough.
Too bad I couldn't capture the sight since it's like too unreachably far away [well it's the moon fgs]. My available camera lenses are not that strong leh! Hahaha.

So there you go. Life's been okay lately. Dormant and peacefully funny like it used to be back home. Am not in any rush to speed up, though. I've got hectic, stressful weeks coming up, so I'm enjoying every laid-back moment to the fullest every chance I get!

I hope this week's been fantastic for you guys as well.
Lates! =)

No comments: