Saturday, September 15, 2007

..about the place..

Gash.
It's unbelievably 9 degree Celcius outside, and my room feels like a frikkin' fridge. I'm starting to lose the feelings on my fingertips even as I'm typing this post; it gets even worse because the central heating system is not on anymore since it is SUPPOSED to be Spring already down here. Helloooooo-o-o-o? Spring, anyone?

Dear Mother Earth, if you hear me... Please, spare me some mercy.

...Oh well.
And just now, out of nowhere, I have brought myself up to realize how much I miss Starbucks Taman Anggrek.





It used to be my number one escapade back in J-Town. And not just the cozy little coffeeshop at the ground floor atrium, but the whole mall I do miss as well. I was like one of the many frequent visitors of Taman Anggrek for some obvious reasons. Take strategic school location. Take a huge bunch of willing, drag-along friends. Add a nicely-placed-above condominium unit to that. Spice it up with the fact that I have loved this place to death. Literally. Quite obvious, no? *laughs*

Of course, the one-and-only memorable Starbucks outlet is just too excessively meaningful.

It packed too much cherished memories I sincerely remember and love.
I met people there. I lost people there. I found love there, and lost love there. I made some of my most important decisions there. I saw my life revolve around me there.




I laughed. I cried. I grew up. I escaped. I got inspired. I learned an awful lot of things just by spending my time lazing around, thinking, at that favorite corner at the far end of the outlet near the barista-packed order-pickup point. I did great things. I made great mistakes. Even when I was preparing for my national exams there, I spent most of my time sitting there arguing with my notes feeling sorry for myself.

I received one of my best gifts of year 2007 there as well. The lovely Starbucks planner I'd worked so DAMN hard to get.



I remembered going there for like three or four times a day in my worn-out shirts, short pants, and slippers, when that crazy flood thingy plagued the whole city of J-Town for weeks that I had to move out semi-temporarily to my condo. I remembered talking aimlessly to the baristas, [who were just supercool, btw], exchanging silly jokes, even getting free coffee treats, since I kept going back for no reason just because I was bored and they got too familiar with me that they decided to start giving me freebies just for the heck of it! *winks*

And in the end, I am grateful that I did all of those many crazy things at that very sacred place I once considered my great escape, right there, at that corner.

I mean, if you were a frequent visitor to Starbucks Taman Anggrek some couple of months ago, then once or twice you could've run onto me or noticed me sitting at that very corner. I am very DAMN sure you have. Cuz I was there too much for my own good. I know that. *sighs*




Now you think I could just be a terrific, confirmed example of a thoroughly-modernistic-influenced Generation Y boy who just can't get enough of mainstream civilization. Westernized, some would say. Or wrongly-brainwashed by culture, perhaps?

But, hell, if loving good coffeelicious company [along with every little beautiful thing that comes along with it] is actually a crime, then I'd be going straight to jail.

And now I would give everything I have down here in exchange for just a DAY of complete pleasure sitting at that special corner of Starbucks Taman Anggrek once again, just thinking through, reflecting, daydreaming, crying, laughing at my own f*cked-up mess of a life.

Sadly, as always, I can't turn back time. *sighs*
Oh well.

Another emo moment I immerse myself in. This is getting ridiculously un-JJ-ish.

PS: I am, by all means, NOT advertising the Starbucks brand here AT ALL. And I am certainly NOT making a penny out of this. NOT AT ALL. Cheers. *bows down*

1 comment:

agnesnakula said...

oh my...it's the lengthy winter, isn't it? makes u all so melancholy and stuff...awww...;)