Monday, September 17, 2007

..12-18september2006 -- 12-18september2007..

It's been a whole YEAR since that triumphant victory.
Yet the euphoric warmth and incomparable happiness of the long-gone moment still lingers, even until now, within the depths of my heart. Along with all those precious memories of youth we once shared together.

Last year, midnight, on this very date.
Third place. FPS XX ITB. Smukiez Choir.





It's unbelievable, how time always defies us with its unexpected flash of speed. A blink of an eye, and next thing you know, a full year has passed. And there you are, sitting in a new place, wearing a new look, getting on a new start, living a new life. Yet your heart still stays where it had left. In a place you once called 'home'.

...Where have all those days gone?

My heart aches, everytime I try to sit down and remember. 'Cuz everything that we all went through together during that unforgettable week is still fresh in my memory, everlasting like a movie continuously replaying itself over and over.

I remember how we laughed. How we cried. How we fought. How we made up. How we shared everything we had. How we supported each other to stand firm on the ground and fight. How we moved forward. How we tried hard. How we sang those songs together in harmony. How we were a family, from then on, bonded together with our promise...

Those seven days were truly heaven. And I felt completely blessed.




Now the choir is growing, and big. With The Asian Choir Games coming up, a major concert scheduled around December, and some minor appearances assigned here and there. The people have changed, the line-ups have been altered. And though the feeling of being a part of this amazing community is already far left behind me, I will always think of them as my second family.
How I miss them so. *sobs*

...The memories are cherished. Preserved, forever.
Just as you guys are imprinted on my heart, along with your beautiful voices and great personalities, for as long as I live.

Viva Smukiez Choir!!!


No comments: