Monday, March 03, 2008

..i'm sure you'd remind me..

Currently listening to: Comfortable - John Mayer


Right, first of all...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANDREW!!!!!

*throws confetti around*

My dear housemate slash uni-buddy slash iCare-colleague slash best-friend slash partner-in-crime slash anything-else-a-best-friend-can-serve-as turns NINETEEN today. And boy did his birthday started with a bang last night.
For details, please click HERE. *laughs*

Anyways.
I'm so tired right now. Like, REALLY tired. Remind me not to play badminton at night-time during transition periods from Summer to Autumn ever again.
It's as if right now I'm feeling twice, oh no let's make it thrice, the exhaustion. Blame the weather, and the strong winds, and the dry air, and my not-so-fit immune system.

All exhaustion aside... My uni life's been... good, so far. To say the most.
Being a sophomore is unarguably hard, yet enjoyable at the same time. I still find it hard to perceive just how heavy all the independent academic workload is gonna be throughout the semester. And it gets heavier when I immerse myself in the thought that from now on, I have to work on my own.

I love my campus. I love my surroundings. I love my subjects. I love the Hargrave Andrew Library cafe. I love Coffee HQ. I love the green green grass.

Strangely enough, I even love seeing the unusually dense crowd of people from different races, skin colors, languages, and backgrounds consistently overpopulating each and every one of the hang-out spots on campus all day and night, their disorganized and extra-noisy existence seeming almost permanent evident from the constant high level of density that surrounds me whenever I go. Though often they can be somewhat annoying and tactless and ignorant as they can be with their surroundings, I can actually tolerate that, since their constant presence all around me can consistently remind me of just how fun and random Australian uni life can be.

Here's a snapshot of a typically crowded, pre-lunch-break afternoon around the Campus Center area and The Robert Menzies building. Can you imagine how congested the scene would look like during lunch-break peak hours?



Talk about serious commotion, people.
Damn. It's good being a true-blue Monash Clayton inhabitant. *winks*

Alright alright enough of the jabber.
Have a good night, guys! *hugs*

No comments: