Wednesday, March 26, 2008

...about rainy days...

Currently listening to: Lover You Should've Come Over - Jamie Cullum


.comerain.
Jalan Gadjah Mada, Central Jakarta, December 2007


.thetown.
Bunderan H.I, Jalan M.H Thamrin, Central Jakarta, May 2007


Alright.
I know I had just spent a bit too much time looking for an appropriate picture or two to go along with this post. Some five to ten minutes of unproductive, shivery silence, I might as well call it. And in the end I just lost my focus and strayed too far away from the main topic I originally wanted to bring up here. *sighs*

Yet I'd have to admit that flicking through countless folders of old pictures and continuously scrolling down rows of icons searching for memory fragments can be somewhat fun, doing so in a strangely motivated way. It feels like rewinding long-gone days, and as I click on a picture and wait for it to pop up full-size into my screen, I always take some time to remember the setting, the moment, the background story of the picture, knowing that if the moment captured in that picture hadn't been that significant I wouldn't have captured it and stored it in my archive folder in the first place.

Whoa. Big sentence alert. *blushes*

But yeah. After all, rainy days always bring me the blues. Just like today, when the air is freezing and the temperature just dropped, welcoming the presence of a beautiful afternoon shower. And as always, when I'm feeling blue I tend to urge myself to think back, and reminisce.

This kind of a me-myself-and-I moment in the middle of a rainy day has been desolately rare for me to enjoy ever since I lived in Melbourne, since down here rainy days are somewhat minimal. It takes some getting used to, yes, and now I'm too used to not seeing that much rain fall upon me even during the supposedly wettest months of the year, so I guess my expectations have been subconsciously lowered. Perhaps.

That's why for me today such a great day; it is like a unique opportunity to finally get in touch with my inner rain-loving remnants of a poet.
Whatever. *laughs*

But then again I could just keep a smile and conclude that this has been a particularly great day. The familiar scent of a rainy day is now seeping through my windows, perfuming my room with its soft sweet smell. The birds are chirping, the winds are blowing, the rain's still pouring, with jazzy tunes serenely playing...

Geez. I can't be any happier than this. *smiles*

Well aside from this persistent sore throat that just won't go away. But I guess there's always tomorrow to complain and get grumpy.
For now, I'll just stay quiet for a while, and keep the light from fading. As I slowly drift away and enjoy the sweet lingering presence of the rain breezing past upon me.


Don't you just love it when it rains?
...I do. =]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ehh di jakarta sekarang panas bgt lhoo
tapi kemaren di bandung hujan batu, hehe :)