Thursday, April 10, 2008

...you're every song...

.upabove.
Monash University Clayton, April 10 2008


I'm so tired but I can't sleep. *sighs*
Been restlessly rolling in and out of bed these last couple of hours, desperate to lull myself into a period of well-deserved, peaceful nap.
So much for me trying to get some proper rest. Oh well. Gotta sleep early tonight! Tickets for Michael Buble's last Melbourne show opens at 9am tomorrow so I gotta be ready! *laughs*

I was lazing around with MelMel this afternoon, sitting on that newly-refurbished long bench just in front of the Campus Center, when I suddenly realized that the clouds up above were forming quite an unusual figure. So after taking some time "ooh"-ing and "aah"-ing with my dear lazing-partner-slash-lecture-avoider fella *laughs*, I lashed out my ever-present cameraphone then started clicking away at the blue blue sky.

It's nice to know that Melbourne's being sweet, at least for the time being.

Most of my friends back in J-Town should be facing try-outs around this time of the year. That means going to school on Saturdays [with no-black shoes to match grey pants of course *winks*]; having the privilege to be consistently omnipresent at school without being called a geek; getting quite a LOT of free periods while teachers are busy meeting up talking about scary stuff regarding the exams; staying up late reading up old books wondering where all those disco-lazy-time days have gone; buying extra folders to anticipate the growing number of hand-outs distributed everyday...

And the list goes on. *sighs*

Was talking with quite a few of them through the magic of MSN and realized that it's been a YEAR since I was in their position, busily revising and attending extra classes and freaking out and mugging [as Singaporeans may put it]. So desperately coping to juggle all of those crazy nerdy stuff, wanting to balance them out by maintaining a decent social life, while at the same time trying to spare some time to submit applications to various universities all over the world.

Well yeah I know everything I just said sounds so awfully high-school. But those years were the best years of my life. Incomparably best. I'm even starting to miss the fugly white-and-grey uniform I used to hate yet I long to wear so much right now.

Btw. I'm having a chat with Hapsari as I type right now, her giving me interesting updates about the existence of my terribly-missed second family SMUKIEZ Choir. Problems solved, solutions ready to go. And I'm missing them so much. *sobs*

Okay. Sometimes I may sound like I'm holding on too frikkin' much to my past to be able to let go, and I know that I probably am *coughs*, but what the heck. Life's too short to be quickly forgotten. Right?
Pardon the sappiness. Get over it. *fumes*


...So, yeah. That pretty much sums it all. *stretches hands*
I don't even know where I'm going with this post. Whatever. I just needed to vent a little.

This goes to all you guys busybody schoolies right now... GOOD LUCK!!
My sincere prayers are with you.

I just hope my dear Dad's gonna be generous enough and grant his hopeless child in despair *rolls eyes* another set of Singapore Airlines return ticket, MEL-SIN SIN-CGK. So I can fly back straight into the waiting arms of my dear ol' hometown this June.

Oh well.
Wishful thinking makes my day. *winks*
Have a great night everyone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

is that the menzies???
ooo i discovered yummy muffins at the den =] =] =]