Friday, June 20, 2008

...so if my words don't come together...

.myHERO.
Michael Buble Melbourne Concert, Rod Laver Arena, June 19 2008


To sum up, last night was a total dream come true for me.

After all this time. After all these years. I finally realized that six long years of dreaming, of longing, of worshiping, and of waiting, have not at all been for nothing.

I saw the man. I watched him sing. I witnessed him laugh. I sang along to his songs. I jumped, I cheered, I clapped. I even caught a glimpse of his teary eyes wandering about dreamily when the saluting final applause just wouldn't stop echoing throughout the arena.

And, most important, most authentic of all, I finally got the chance to listen to his voice, totally live, with my own two ears. I heard his voice, the crisp, sexy, tantalizing voice that has captured my ears, and my heart, six far-long-gone years ago.

I just watched Michael Buble, my idol, my role model, my true HERO.
LIVE.













From the very first moment I saw him on stage, my heart somehow just gave way, and I instantly got carried away by the beats, and the notes, the swings, and the groove. Every aspect, every part of the concert, everything felt perfectly right.

It is not an overstatement, for me, to say that Michael Buble defines perfection.
From the way he sang, the way he greeted the audience, the way he joked about silly stuff, the way he blushed furiously after a crazy fan grabbed his ass, and even the way he mimicked Amy Winehouse or sang along to One Republic's hit song... Everything was, and is, just right about him.

He made me laugh. He made me dance. He even made me cry, during his last songs. When he sang That's Life with the choir, I almost burst into tears, too awfully moved to hold back 'cuz it was so beautiful. And when he got into his encore and sang A Song For You without a microphone, I was so deeply touched that I really cried, for real. The sans-microphone performance was really, REALLY inspirational. It was as if he was trying to show that he actually loved his fans that much, so much that he needed to bare himself off of all those supporting effects and sound systems and just showed the very person that he was, in all his acoustic glory, personally singing into the hearts of his loyal fans.

During the unforgettable one-and-a-half hour show, I felt like I was dancing in paradise.

Call me sappy, call me over-dramatic, call me irresponsible *winks*. But all I've said so far are true and most sincere. He was my biggest inspiration growing up, and after six complete years of admiring everything that he is from afar, finally having this precious opportunity to watch his concert live feels like a tremendous blessing for me.

He is phenomenal. Down-to-earth, modest, and funny, but majorly phenomenal.
*bows down*

He has successfully proven himself as a true idol, an inspiration, a hero, for me.
If only I had been given the chance to actually meet him in person... *sighs*
One step at a time, I guess. Patience is a virtue.

But really. If someday that chance is given to me, and I hope that time will eventually come, I promise myself, that the first thing I'm gonna say to him will be the honest confession that he's my hero. And that I will never stop admiring how sincere, how talented, and how inspiring he is, no matter what happens.

I'm really deeply immensely thankful right now.
No words can describe just how grateful I am.
Well, the man did promise to come back to Melbourne. And I'm gonna be holding on to that promise, knowing that next time he comes around, it will be a much better experience.

So, thank you, Lord.
Thank you, Michael Buble.

Six years and counting...

2 comments:

ReRe said...

huaaaa..
curaaang..
pengeeeeeeen
huhuhuhuhu

Anonymous said...

keren je ^^