Wednesday, June 25, 2008

...the words are hushed let's not get busted...

Currently listening to: Hands Down - Dashboard Confessional
Currently reading: 'You Know You Love Me' - Gossip Girl by Cecily von Ziegesar


.rainywinter.
Swanston Street, June 19 2008


I always find it strangely amusing that people always complain about how sick and tired they are of their seemingly fucked-up lives, yet they basically do nothing to at least address their issues and find a way around them.

It is true that constant complaining is indeed included among the list of all the silly negative stuff that we do best. Sadly.
How rotten. But yeah I personally think this is relevant, even more so for a neurotic worrywart like me.

Anyway.
By judging at the scary sound of gushing winds and wacky on-and-off showers presently rampaging outside the comfortable confines of my bedroom, seems like Mother Nature is, like, having a really bad case of PMS or something. *scratches head*
Like, the winds are so noisy and strong that my window shutters are even starting to shake a bit from the force. Thank God I'm sheltered, safe and sound.

Was walking along Swanston St in the city with The Dugems this afternoon and I felt like I was going to be blown off by the ridiculously strong winds any minute. Well yeah the city does look great in Winter, with all those bare trees lining up between classic old buildings underneath the gray sky, but I swear the winds were totally driving me nuts.

It felt like I was making my way amongst some sort of a brewing snowstorm or something, except that Melbourne doesn't have snow. Well at least not yet, since if global warming is any indication, we might just start to have snow in a couple of years' time. *shudders at the eerie thought*
Okay I'm going off topic.

Still, can't dismiss the fact that I did have a great time hanging out with those two amazing people like all day long. Fanny and Alvin, I tell you, they never fail to make me laugh my ass off, everytime. Seriously. And it's very comforting to know that next semester we'll be reunited again in uni! *jumps around*
Now I have a terribly good reason to get out of bed in the morning and rush to 9am lectures next sem. LOL.

Oh yeah, in case you wanna know, I injured my right hand quite badly last Sunday.



Looks nasty, doesn't it? *sighs*
Blame the lousy camera-phone resolution for making my hand look so gray and dead and corpse-like.
Eww.

Long story short, I accidentally sliced my right palm open with the cracked side of a mug when I was washing the dishes. And the wound was so wide and deep that I needed to get it stitched up. It's recovering now, but life gets a LOT harder without my right hand around. Even typing is becoming a major pain in the ass now, yet I know I will be okay. I hope.

Thanks a lot for those who've been concerned. I'll be alright. *smiles*

Have a great week people!

No comments: