Sunday, June 29, 2008

...a solo cello outside a chorus...

"My salad days; when I was green in judgment, cold in blood..."
-Shakespeare (1606), 'Antony and Cleopatra'


First off. If y'all are in need of a silly smile, please click HERE.
I swear that guy is a genius. *winks*


A friendly note
?
Next time you see me all grumpy and worn out, give me a brand new hoodie knit jacket and we'll see how it goes from there. *hint hint*

Things have been going on quite well these past couple of days.
The stitches on my right hand are finally patching up, thank God. Although I am still unemployed, a condition that hopefully will change by the end of next week *crossing fingers*, and I feel like my body clock is in total mess with these unproductive long nights and late-afternoon wake-ups and all, I'm nevertheless still happy as ever. Not even the strong and gusty winds -- as written by some weather forecast website thingy -- can possibly bring me down.

I'm in the mood for a lazy stay-in, with nothing to do but lounge around the house in pjs and a pair of cushy slippers. Or perhaps, spending time watching an old movie, with butter popcorns and cans of Vanilla Coke, also sounds like a good idea. Either way, I'm dying to have some quality time with myself, in peace. Something that I no longer have the luxury to freely enjoy anymore. Ah, the joys of growing up. *sighs*

Oh yeah. Was Google-ing this very particular Japanese manga series that I used to read as a guilty pleasure wayyyyyy back during my early high school years. The stories were short and sweet and probably too cheesy, but I kinda loved it. And I was like, devastated, my the series came to an end.


The title of the comic series was Salad Days. Yeah I know that's soooooo Shakespeare-ish. The picture above was the cover of the last "episode", so to speak. And yeah, just now I actually managed to find the actual quote of the play from which the title was derived, and I decided to include it at the very beginning of this post, in all its glory.

Remind me to go look for these amazing series next time I stop by at Borders. *grins*

Ballarat Trip with friends in three days YAY! *jumps around*
I've promised myself to have my hair cut, the highlights retouched, and the base color redone. I swear these dark roots are killing me. *tugs at hair desperately*
And to top it all, I'm going to Mesh at Crown Promenade for seafood buffet fiesta this Friday night.

Gosh. I'm so totally gonna go real broke if this keeps up.

Please, I need a job.
Anybody willing to give this poor man a chance at going part-time?

1 comment:

said...

Hey JJ, thanks so much for the love song link. I had a rough day and was so much in need of a good laugh. You made my day!!!