Wednesday, June 11, 2008

...a song that's written simply for you...

Currently listening to: Gun Lae Gun (You & Me) - OST. The Love of Siam


The MKC2500 exam went quite well yesterday, thankfully.
*breathes out a sigh of relief*

Now I will take some time off to catch up with sleep, before the work starts again for the killer MKX2521-MGC1020 combo is looming somewhere in the horizon, waiting for me. June 23rd is the date, and nothing's gonna stop me from trying to perform reasonably well in those two remaining battles. *grins*

I'm currently feeling, to be honest, lovesick.
Actually scratch that. Maybe mellow is a better word.

After all, I consider myself as a hopeless romantic. And hopeless romantics are at their best when they are inspired, and dreamy, and smitten, and mellow. So please pardon my sappiness for the time being.

Blame a very good romantic movie *points at poster below*, and a certain dreamy person whom I rate 30 out of 1o *winks furiously*, for this awfully lingering state of being.



For the record, The Love of Siam is very sweet, not to mention memorably inspiring. Yeah, perhaps it is full of multi-layered dramas and soap-opera-like intrigues, yet I personally feel that the portrayal of innocence and desired honesty showcased in the movie has warmly touched my heart.

While watching the movie, I was reminded again about the universality of love. Often we misperceive that love is all about a guy and a girl all matched up and lovestruck, holding hands, kissing, hugging, even ferociously getting all over each other, and that's it. While in reality, love is NEVER that shallow. Love can be interpreted in many sweet, sometimes simple ways.

The movie successfully pictures various kinds of love that reality represents, many of which are often dismissed, hated, discriminated against, or taken for granted. Love transcends all boundaries, be it gender, age gaps, peer groups, generations, and so on.

Be it the love present between friends, the undying love that a father has for his missing daughter, the unspoken love a wife has for her constantly-drunk husband, the care and love a grandmother has for her grandson, the sincere, innocent love between two sweet teenage boys, the unrequited love a cheery girl has for her eccentric, out-of-reach neighbor, or the platonic love that a shy band-mate has for his saddened and brokenhearted vocalist, the whole movie strives to show and prove that in its essence, love isn't something that is always physical; it is meaningful, it is sweet, and it is universal.

I think it has played its part well in this case. *grins*
I'm particularly amazed by the quality of astounding performances showcased by the cast, though. The chemistry between them seems so real, so authentic. Especially between the two main actors who played Tong and Mew. And oh yeah, the character of the mother is very, VERY emotionally engaging.

Alright I shouldn't be rambling too much about it. Can spoil the fun.
So yeah guys, I recommend you to watch it, if you want. But if you do watch it, please remember to always keep an open mind.

A little sneak peek? The blog-song with an indecipherable language that you're probably listening to right now is the official soundtrack of the movie. It's sung in Thai, obviously, so yeah, it sounds a bit wonky. But the melody is beautiful, and the lyrics are sooooooooooooo romantic. Well at least that's the impression I get from reading the translated version. *laughs*

Well, I'll leave you guys at that. It's getting late and my head is throbbing. I'm probably gonna need another dose of caffeine fix if I were to stay up longer.
G'nite g'nite! *waves*

*****

"If I said that this song is made for you, would you believe it?
It's probably not melodious, not affectionate, not beautiful like other songs
I want you to know that if there's no love, you can't write a love song
But for you, my dear, do you know? I wrote it easily..."

No comments: