Monday, December 17, 2007

...about being back home...

Currently listening to: Home - Daughtry


Oh my GOD.
I can't believe I'm finally, FINALLY home.

Ugly worn-out airport. Hungry-eyed suspicious people. Extra-thick layers of pollution. Annoying shrieks, even-more-annoying street yells. Worse traffic, more cars, endless Busway constructions everywhere. Crazy jams. Ignorant as ever people. Sucky hot humid weather. Unpredictable rainfalls. Super-slow Internet connection. Along with other painful stuff I can't even bear to share here.

J-Town hasn't changed much. Or has it, truly?
Yet still, it's only J-Town. And, as Leyi puts in just now, this is HOME.

I've been EATING endlessly like a starved pig these past two days. Dunno why, but I just can't seem to resist all the temptingly good food on display within my sight range. Bye bye calories. Let me worry about being healthy when I'm back in Melbourne; for now I wanna enjoy my extra-short holiday here to the most.

This metropolis reminds me of so many things. Old memories; good ones, bad ones, special ones. Old friends; close ones, colleagues, pals, besties. Reminds me of the childish, naive, super-busy town-boy I once was. And most of all, this is the town where I grew up and became the person I am today. So I guess I gotta stop whining and be grateful that I'm still given the chance to visit this town and reminisce the good ol' days of surviving life here.

And it's not like I'm not missing Melbourne. But I know that I have the next two and a half years. maybe more, to spend there, but only some couple more days to be here.

So, COME ON PEOPLE!! We gotta meet up!
Can't describe to y'all just how excited I am now. Got like a ZILLION appointments with old friends and I really want to make these will-be-happily-busy days last forever.

JJ's home. And boy is he HAPPY.
Alrighty catch ya later guys! *hugs*

No comments: