Monday, December 03, 2007

...it's been raining since you went away...

I have just understood the whole reason behind having an accurate, up-to-date daily weather forecast system published on the net and updated every half a day or so. Especially when you live in a city with ever-changing weather conditions like dear ol' Melbourne. Thank God the Australian government is thoughtful, and technologically-equipped. *laughs*

I still vividly remember going to bed last night after kicking aside the usual warm-and-handy covers, trying to cope with the dryness by opening my windows wide and keeping the box fan on. Fast forward a couple hours, and I woke up this morning frantically searching for my covers, shivering due to the sudden presence of the cold, welcomingly-humid air that the morning shower brought to the area.

It was around eight, the rain didn't show any signs of ceasing down any time soon, and there was ABSOLUTELY no way that I would be able to walk through the rain without getting totally drenched along the way, not to mention looking like a soaked cat when I reached college, so I decided to sleep in. *yawns*

Not bad, not bad at all! Considering the weather was all cool and wet and comfy. I've missed the familiar mild scent of rain-washed grass a little bit too much, I guess.

And the rain didn't stop the whole day. I had to fight my way through the strong wind walking to college to attend the afternoon tutorial, and halfway through the tute a rainstorm started thundering noisily outside, scaring the shit outta me. But in the end it was all good. It is very breezy outside as I sit down typing this post, with the birds chirping and the fresh winds blowing. I call this HEAVEN. *sighs*

Oh yeah. I took a couple of pictures of the beautiful backyard at my house just now, right after the rain stopped pouring.



My landlord likes to garden, so during mid-Spring around last month, the backyard was full of beautiful colorful flowers! There was one big bush of red roses that were just GORGEOUS! It was right in front of Andrew's window so his room used to smell like roses everyday during Spring. Hahaha.

Too bad most of the flowers have withered now. Summer's tough this year, and the plants tend to die down quicker than they are supposed to. Oh well. Still smells good outside, though. Some mysterious purple flowers have just blossomed yesterday near my window, so it gets really sweet-smelling everytime I slide open my window now.

And haven't I told you that we have a dog in the house?
Say hello to Clumsy!







Isn't she just ADORABLE? *smiles*

She's actually a playful nine-year-old Yellow Labrador Retriever with a very good sense of humor. Hahaha. But seriously, she's the friendliest, and snuggliest, dog I know! I don't know how it all started, but now she's really close to me somehow, and for some unknown reasons she always likes to nibble my feet, sniff my clothes, and lick my face. Well not that I mind anyway. I love her to bits. *winks at Clumsy*

So, yeah. I was playing with her after taking my time out and about in the backyard, breathing in the post-rain fresh air, and she was not being her usual superhappy-Clumsy self today. She just approached me, did a little bit of her habitual sniffy-sniffy action, then just sat on the grass waiting for me to pat her or something. So I decided to make her chase me around and take some adorable pictures of her using my cellphone.

At this kind of time I am thankful that I'm living in the suburbs.
Despite the quietness and the remote peacefulness of life around here, at least this way I'm closer to the ground. Closer to the green green grass. Closer to nature and its wonderful creatures.

Maybe I should start hugging a tree everyday? *slaps myself*

Just another ordinary day in the amazing life of JJ.
I hope your day has been equally awesome, wherever you guys are.

Happy rainy day, everyone!! *winks*

No comments: