Thursday, December 06, 2007

...it's christmas time in the city...

Currently listening to: Silver Bells - Clay Aiken & Kimberley Locke


I'm still trying to cope with the fact that Aussies down undahh celebrate Christmas time during Summer. Getting used to it just fine, yeah, but still I find it hard NOT to get jealous when my friends up high in the States are experiencing constant SNOWY PERIODS right about now. *sobs quietly*

Whatever. I'm still thankful that Christmas time is here, finally. The decorations are up, along with those usual bright-red-and-green-everywhere color invasion. And because it is Summer, people are out more often, so it actually must be quite fun celebrating Christmas in the heat for once. Alright. I should just stop complaining. *smiles*

Today's weather has been AWESOME so far. Thirty-two degrees, tops. And the breezes are just too cozy.

Reminds me of those Japanese anime series and mangas I used to craze about all the way through my preteen years, where Summer there is depicted by long holidays, endlessly intense heat, minimal clothes n maximum style, fun trips to rural areas visiting relatives (most typically grandparents and the like), and of course noisy sounds of buzzing Summer insects all around.

I mean, omigod. Seriously, I love love LOVE this kind of Summer.
Now I know why those Japanese anime and manga creators make Summer scenes their favorites. Despite the sometimes unbearable heat and the constant feeling of dehydrating that haunts you each and everyday, Summer days are actually beautiful in their own ways.

You guys think so? Maybe not.
Most Asians I know are not particularly fond of Summer. Well except quite a few. I'm NOT particularly fond of Summer, in general. I don't know what's gotten into me today. The heat, perhaps?

Or maybe I'm just being plain random, like I always am. Yeah that's more like it. Hahaha.

So, like my current Facebook shoutout, I am sooooooo totally feeling the Summer heat. At least for today.
BRING IT OOOOONN BAYBEHHH!!! *laughs*

No comments: