Saturday, December 01, 2007

...it's not over tonight...

Currently listening to: Won't Go Home Without You - Maroon 5


Yesterday I set a whole new record for myself, and my less-than-impressive academic life.

So here's the thing.
I worked on my overrated Buyer Behavior essay for like, what, almost 12 hours in a row? I basically camped at David's unoccupied room at our Stockdale HQ all night long, basking in the extra-fast Internet connection there and thanking Ko Bagas for the generous 'ride', in lack of a better word. *bows down*

Yeah. Some 12 hours of working, and working, and working. With a brief McDonald's pit stop in between, btw, but that didn't help much considering the state of extreme panic I was in. Don't have the exact hour calculation, though, but yeah that should give y'all a good enough picture of how I'd worked my arse off all the way Thursday night till Friday morning.

In the end, I completed the bloody essay, AND the reference list, AND the appendix pages, AND the mainly-random-copy-and-paste abstract, at about FIVE TWENTY in the morning. Had a chance to look out the window and realized that the sun was almost rising right there and then. Then I stopped and it came to me that yes it was Summer, and of course the sun rises early, you sleep-lacking dumbhead! So, yeah. *sighs*

Then I tidied up, cleaned up a bit, sneaked out of the house, and walked home feeling somehow triumphant. By the time I reached home it was already around 6-ish, and the morning sun was KILLING me. It was really, REALLY weird walking home during sunrise, since I felt like with each step that I took, the sun went up a little bit higher, and when I finally got home it suddenly felt like it was already noon. *slaps own face* But then again I was awfully sleep-deprived at that time so there was a possibility that I was already half-dreaming when making my way back home.

The end of the adventure?
I rushed into my room, threw all my stuff randomly, put my laptop on the table, ran outside to the sink to wash face, changed clothes, yawned a little, set the alarm, jumped into bed, opened the windows a bit to let the fresh morning air in, then went straight to Dreamland. Work done, sleep done, I submitted my assignment at 2 pm in the afternoon with a satisfied YAY, hoping at least I'd get a supposedly well-deserved Distinction for this mess. *winks*

Well.
Too much for a 15%-of-total-mark-worth assignment, yeah?
That's what ALL my friends were telling me the whole way through. But despite all that work, I am actually proud of myself now.

I mean, geez, never in my life had I committed this much effort into any academic work before. And when I say never i sincerely mean NEVER. So this must be quite an achievement for me. At least, self-actualization-need-ly speaking. *laughs*

Thanks to Ko Bagas for letting me camp in Stockdale HQ. *wipes tears off eyes*
Thanks to David for kindly lending me his room, although he's away in Surabaya.
Thanks to Andrew and John Lie for the assistance and everything else.
Thanks to Adeline, Lina, and my old friends for the cheering chat windows.
Thanks to Jacelyn, Ian, Asha, Fanny, Ivy, Hahn, Feby, and everybody else in my Marketing 2 tute for sharing the same burden and dreading the same deadline I had. *laughs*
And, thanks for my lovely tutor Hassnain for the HUGE HUGE help and assistance. Wouldn't have done it correctly if I hadn't seen you in advance! *smiles*

And in the end, I thank The Big Guy Up There, as always, endlessly, solemnly, faithfully.

At least now I can enjoy my well-earned weekend in peace.

FOURTEEN DAYS TO HOME!!
The countdown is sooooooooooooooo ON, people. *laughs*

Alright then take care 'k?
Have a FABULOUS Summer weekend! =D

No comments: