Thursday, January 10, 2008

...in the heat of summer sunshine...

Currently listening to: Summer Sunshine - The Corrs


...Rrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiighttt.
I finally got a taste of a totally REAL full-on Summer day that this dear ol' Melbourne has to offer.

Summer means extreme heat. Summer means minimal outfits and maximum sunblock application. Summer means having the constant disturbing feeling of being grilled alive in a blazing oven. Summer means FLIES, and no sweat even though you dehydrate. Summer means continuous eye-covering with sunnies.

And summer means fourty-one f*ckin' degrees in the CBD area alone. Right about now as I'm typing inside my room, in the air-conditioned comfort of Neja's super-cozy city flat. Haven't I mentioned that I'm evacuating to the city for a week? *laughs*

Okay. I mean, imagine that. Fourty one. Fourty frikkin' one degrees. And the weather is so bad and so hot today that the government has put up a Total Fire Ban all throughout Melbourne and its surrounding suburbs. For more details please click HERE.

This is an understated preview of how Lonsdale Street looks like right now under the scorching summer sunshine.




And, as you always know, cameras often LIE and are not always precise in capturing off-lens emotions, so please multiply the heat effect that is evident in those two pictures by like FIVE times or more. *laughs*

But seriously. The heat is almost killing me right now. Thank God somebody was smart enough to invent air-conditioners. Otherwise I think I would've died already, grilled alive. *sighs*

So much for maximizing skin protection against premature cancer, then, I guess.

Have a nice hot Summer day, everyone!! *puts on sunnies*

No comments: