Sunday, January 20, 2008

...when your day is through...

Currently listening to: Dream - Michael Buble


Omigod.
Max Brenner's fabulously delicious Italian Thick Dark Chocolate in HugMug is the new groove, people. Exquisito! As the Italians may put in. *laughs*

But really. You guys MUST try it. It's like the best chocolate drink ever created. I just had one intake of this crazy addictive drink this afternoon in the chocolate factory's Glen Waverley outlet with the usual SoFt! crowd, and it seemed like I wasn't the only one getting agitated by this drink's superb taste. And of course the signature HugMug is ever so adorable.

Gosh. I'm such a chocolate junkie. *sighs*

Had a super-big lunch today, plus Max Brenner, plus dessert, plus snacks, plus a hearty bite of the awesome Pork Bread Roll. Talk about excessive calorie consumption. But hey, I think this is one good way to gear up for the exams, don't you guys agree? At least this way I can stock up on dormant energy. *winks*

Anyways.

I notice that it's been raining all day in dear ol' Melbourne ever since I woke up, only stopping occasionally here and there before starting again. As mediocre and unbelievably insufficient as it may seem, I'm actually kinda getting used to seeing these southern Australian light rains pouring somehow moodily. Since, you know, I'm definitely in no position to compare the seasonal drizzles down here with the dense, tropical rains that J-Town has during this time of year.

Here are some rainy-day snapshots I took during my holidays back in J-Town a couple of weeks ago.


Location: Jalan Perintis Kemerdekaan, Central Jakarta
The rain was just starting then when I was driving, and I was amazed at how empty this protocol road was, during afternoon hours, nonetheless.


Location: Jalan Gadjah Mada, Central Jakarta
Enjoying the afternoon shower in the middle of peak-hour traffic


Location: Jalan Tubagus Angke, Central Jakarta
Look at the long rightmost-lane queue! Dunno what caused it, though.


Location: West Gate, Puri Indah Mall, West Jakarta
A storm was pouring down at that time, and the near-midnight queue was still shockingly long; somehow I found this pic to be artistically correct. You agree? *laughs*


I found a very interesting article about the rain HERE. There it is actually explained that raindrops can react with some certain chemical elements found in the soil, and the reaction can result in the production of a very specific comforting scent that we can all smell during, or after, rainy periods. So, that soothing, pleasant smell that reminds you of rain-soaked grass and rainy days? That would be petrichor.


I need some academically-written scientific articles like those two [although they're posted on Wikipedia lols] to remind me that behind all those mellow-jellow gloomy presence the rain brings extraordinarily, it is after all still a natural phenomenon.

And I'm gonna stay true to my view, that the rain is one of the most outstanding natural beauty of all.

Happy rainy day, guys! *hugs*

No comments: