Saturday, November 03, 2007

...never leave me alone...

Just finished watching the clip of Spice Girls' brand new music video for their comeback single titled "Headlines (Friendship Never Ends)". It's weird, actually, realizing that it has been years since they parted ways and shocked the world with their sudden unanticipated farewell. Well I have never been a huge fan of them, yet I grew up in the 90's, so yeah. It was kinda unavoidable, really. *grins*



Err, honestly, I kinda like the song. A typical SpiceGirl-ish ballad, and the chorus is just simply catchy. The video itself is not much of an achievement, though, despite its supposedly high budget; looks like as though the girls are individually trying to make themselves stand out from the others, what with all those posing and show-offs and close-ups and stuff. Well not that I can complain anyway. They're GREAT as a group, no doubt about that. Yet after so many years apart their big egos can clash at times. Totally understandable.

And it's just unbelievable to see all five with their new looks. No longer sporting cheesy outfits and exhibiting the notorious "Girl Power" attitude, they're all grown-up women now. It suddenly feels like their reunion is just a chance to get together for one final time and reminisce about the good ol' days.

Will they be visiting Melbourne in their world tour? Guess not. *sighs*

In the meantime, if you guys wanna watch the video, please click here.

"...Let’s make the headlines, loud and true
I wanna tell the world I’m giving it all to you
Let’s make the headlines, loud and clear
The best things suddenly happen when you are here...
And if I lost my way you’d carry me home
Take me all the way to heaven, never leave me alone
And it’s just like everything matters when you are near..."


Oh no. I'm starting to get all nostalgic now.
Whatever. Happy weekend guys!! *winks*

No comments: