Friday, November 23, 2007

...please have snow...

Currently listening to: I'll Be Home For Christmas - Michael Buble


I'm strangely not in the mood to do ANYTHING right now.
Been browsing, Friendster-ing, Facebook-ing, yawning, texting, chatting, even musicplayer-ing this past hour aimlessly, not knowing what to do to kill this time.

I was chatting with Arlene yesterday, through the magic wonders of Windows Live Messenger as usual, talking about random things goofing around every now and then, when she suddenly mentioned that she came across one of my old poems which were all posted here in this blog during my so-called Great Personal Depression. Ring any bells, anyone?

For those people who have been reading this blog since years and years ago, you will all know that I originally wrote all my posts in Indonesian, and that at one point in my life I once experienced a period of trauma during which I stopped blogging and let my melancholy-side alter-ego take over. Hence the poems, and the extreme corniness of youthful supposed-to-be-poetic sonatas.

This is why I really, REALLY love this blog, you know. After more than three years of writing, with extreme ups-and-downs in between, I am able to realize just how my life has directed me through such a long, winding road to happiness. Or rather, how I have directed my life all these years to be able to turn out this way.

And when I look back and read through those painful poems, I am thankful that I was given the chance to get through that devastating moments of hardships. Those hurtful days taught me a lot of valuable lessons the hard way, making them sink in and stay. Then I know that I am so over that. And that I am happy now, and amazed, and grateful, thanks to those precious fragments of my past I will always treasure.

Wanna read those poems? Kindly click here.
Only Indonesian-speaking people will be able to understand what those poems are saying, though. Non-Indo ppl are also welcome to peek anyways! Hahahahaha. =D

By the way.
There was a huge spider in my house last night. Huge as in, HUGE. Like, REAL HUGE.

Andrew was brave enough to have got the guts to trap the spider inside a dustbin and cover it with his lecture notes [go figure, right? lecture notes vs huge spider *laughs*]. Then he texted our landlord, and this morning that spider was killed the traditional way. Well you know what I mean; a killing that involves stomping, a lot of cringes, and shoes. *laughs*

But, yeah. No kidding.
Just now Andrew gave me this Wikipedia link about that nasty spider, and I was like WHAT THE HELL?!?!?!?!

Turns out the spider was VENOMOUS. And not just venomous, but like totally, lethally poisonous.
I wonder where it came from, and how it ended up resting on the living room wall.
Read the article yourself, if you please. I'm terrified enough just typing this sh*t.

I can't help feeling this house is full of frikkin' useless BUGS. Omigosh.
Somebody help. *sobs*

I HATE HATE HATE HATE SUMMER INSECTS.

No comments: