Thursday, November 01, 2007

...expectations...

Blackout-craze day five. Finally managed to get the three Japanese bonus tracks which pitifully didn't make it to the worldwide tracklisting of the album. *jumps around happily*

Was talking to MelMel about various accents and abroad-born Asians while waiting for the 703 bus at Clayton Road bus stop, and realized that I don't sound like I did anymore when speaking English. This is not the first time anybody makes an effort to point this out to me; Adeline once mentioned that I change tones when speaking with different people with different backgrounds and, of course, different accents. *shakes head*

Well, ever since I moved to Melbourne, I feel like I'm losing control of my otherwise-decent American accent.. Mainly because the locals here speak with a completely different tone and dialect, with different emphasis on vowels and sounds and what-have-you, and at some point I start to adapt and thus my verbal abilities are affected. *sighs*

Well yeah I still speak with my old comfy accent anyhow, but now I need to put some effort into being able to match and pronounce words correctly, sometimes resulting in me clumsily mixing up different accents and pronunciations all in one sentence due to confusion. And I am always prone to outside influences, so yeah. I guess that explains all.

Anyways. Backing off from my stream of random thoughts...
Should I start counting down the days towards going home?

Everybody else is now doing that in their MSN nicks, and being the unforgivably un-creative and peer-pressure-sensitive human being that I am, I am tempted to go with the flow and start my own count. *sighs*

Honestly, yes I am sooooooooooo looking forward to going back home. But I also believe that the more I incline myself to look forward to it and the more I anticipate by counting down the remaining days left till ta-dah! you're home, the more agitated I will be, and most probably that will then shift my focus. Instead of making the best use of my remaining 2007 moments here in Melbourne, I will probably slack off and waste my time in order to inevitably speed up the process and rush back to J-Town.

So, yeah.
After second thoughts, thanks but no thanks. I'll just let everything flow as they will and hopefully I can still go home in time happily, counting-free! *smiles*

I'm never best in numbers after all, so that shouldn't be much of a problem.

The dinner is ON tomorrow night! Gotta prepare early, I guess. Hahahaha. *winks*

All the best for you guys Uni ppl with your exams! Am crossing my fingers endlessly now, wishing the best of luck for y'all. *grins*

3 comments:

MelMel said...

kalo counting down the days keknya gak asik deh! semakin dihitung jadi semakin lama rasanya! hahaha..let's not count the days till we go home!
Niwei..besok masaqq ~lalalalaa~

Anonymous said...

hahaha.. bener kata melmel, je.. gak asik.. lagian garing ah.. masa' permes-nya ngitungngitung hari pulang indo? huehuehue.. permes tuh dipake buat hal yang lebi ada gunanya je.. nyanyinyanyi lagu la luna misalnya *cring cring cring* hahahaha :p

Anonymous said...

sometimes i think i'm too good at languages. i switch languages and accents in a blink of an eye.

and when my friend is learning some new foreign languages, i just jokingly bug them to teach me then i quickly learn.

Now i can count from 1 to 10 in Indonesian, English, Mandarin, Hakka, Hokkien, Tagalog, German... hhahaha.. more to come =P