Tuesday, October 02, 2007

...about sixties and hairspray...

Huff.
My legs are sore, but I'm currently kinda happy. The weather was nice all day! Finally, some good sense of humor for moody Melbourne. *claps hands*

Went shopping yesterday. Bought a couple of things. And, I gotta tell you this, I bought the infamous Country Road bag! *winks* Been wanting to have one for like AGES, and the bag proves to be REALLY handy! It can fit everything, as in like EVERYTHING, inside 'cuz it's quite roomy, and it's fashionably hip as well so I can carry it everywhere with me. Fancy, huh? I'm glad I bought one. Hahahaha. =D

And, well, as it turned out, I watched the 2007 remake of "Hairspray" today with Sharlene and Andrew. And the movie was FABULOUS, to say the least. Musicals have always been my favorite to watch, yet this one is quite unique on its own.




I love the casts. I love the characters. I love the costumes. I love the dances. I love the songs. I love the scenes. I love Link and Tracy. And, of course, I love John Travolta. Then again, who wouldn't? =)

Oh, I am SO IN LOVE with the amazing sixties.
Although the era is obviously fashion-flawed, the culture was just so nice and classic. And also the way they swing! Omg. I can't even try to tell you how I ridiculously kept tapping my feet to go with the rhythm, itching all over to dance, and humming along all throughout the movie. 'Cuz like the songs were all good and jazzy and rock-roll-y and swing-y, and the singers were fantastic, and by the end of the movie I half-wished I had somehow been cast as part of the movie. *sighs*

Nikki Blonsky played her role perfectly well. Her smile is just dazzling! I believe her personality is still unflawed as well. And, as Sharlene was just mentioning to me, there will finally be a potentially-successful plus-sized actress. Let's just hope she stays on track.

Oh yeah, Zac Efron was okay too. Moderate acting, excessive charm, also quite lovable, despite the fact that the 60's hairdo he was sporting looked soooooooooooooooooooo oddly-misshapen on him. What's with the single curled fringe, dude? *laughs* Anyways, he's okay. Gotta work on those hollow stares, though. Yeah I know I complaint too much. He's already too damn successful in his own right to care about minor details I suppose.


Like I said, the castings are wonderful. Queen Latifah totally rocks! =D
Okay okay. Am turning into an annoying know-it-all critic right now. *slaps own face*

Anyways. Better go to sleep now then. Am gonna go sporting tomorrow so I need to be well-rested. And yeah. Got some major tidying-ups to do as well.

BVLGARI's BLV for Men is soooooooo nostalgically HOT!!!! I want I want! *sighs*
Leyi buy me buy me please!!! I hope you're reading this. Hahahaha. =D

Gawd I hope I WILL NOT overspend in this holiday. *sighs*

No comments: