Saturday, October 13, 2007

...saturday night fever...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NEJA!!!!!!
*jumps around excitedly*


Today turns out to be one of my happiest days ever since I got to Melbourne. Spent the whole day celebrating the birthday of a dearly-loved-one by going around the city doing random stuff, laughing, horsing around, meeting people, and whathaveyou. We also talked, a LOT. Being nostalgic on a special day never hurts, right?

So, yeah. My cousin-slash-sister-slash-partner.in.crime turns 20 today! Getting older, getting wiser. Hear hear? *winks*

Wishing you all the best for everything in your life, sis!
May your days be filled with overflowing love, joy, and countless blessings.

Well I probably can't do much and sweet-talk you anymore, darlin'. You've been around my full eighteen years and I've been around too damn much throughout your life for you to have heard almost all of my stocks of wisewords and quotes that they get so pathetically boring and outdated when I'm the one who's talking and you're the one who's listening.

It's weird, you know, when I think back and realize that we grew up together all along.

Well like dduhh! *winks*

But yeah, really, you've grown up so much now that I can barely relate the present you to the kid version of you, with that cute set of broken teeth and ear-ripping shrieks and high-pitched laughs and deadly slaps and other childhood guilty pleasures you don't even wanna read about. Trust me, I remember much much more than you think I do. *grins*

The mini-me-five-year-old Jane couldn't even stay still for five seconds let alone sit down and talk. All you did was jump around everywhere trying to be fierce to everything including me *sobs* and all you cared about was fun. Fast forward some couple of years, now you can comfortably fold your legs, snuggle up into a couch, smile excessively, and chatter away for hours between sips of Starbucks lattes in cool, breezy afternoons. The old-version-of-Jane you would've run straight to troublemakers and hit them straight on their faces if they dared messing up with you or with anyone you were close with. But now, troublemakers are nothing more than a mild nuisance in your eyes; you can either think hard and feel sorry about them or just let them go and fuck up their lives themselves. You would get angry at me easily and go all freaked-out over minor things like breaking your doll or sneaking into your room; now I can shamelessly take you out shopping and bully you in exchange for your dazzling smiles and brightening laughs.


Yeah, let me confirm my statement. You have indeed grown up so much. And now, you need to be more thankful for everything that you have; nothing more than a damn good life with every single thing that comes along with it. I'm grateful to have such an amazing person to call a sister. Something I never truly have, but now I know that you are way better, and you'll do the job just fine! *winks*

So, yeah. I'll just cut to the chase and feel relieved that you'll always be older before me! *laughs*
Kidding kidding. You know I am. Right? Hahahahaha. =D

Happy Birthday, sis.
*hugs*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jejeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
So sweetttttttttttttttttttttttt

So toucheddddddddddddddddddd....

I HAD SO MUCH FUN TODAY... thanks for today memories ya Je!!!!

I'm so blessed having u in my life as well. And you know wat, i can say the same thing back to you: You'll Do the Job as My BROTHER just FINE!! EXCELLENT malah.. hehe...

Thank you so much.
Love ya heaps, lil bro!!!!!

*hugs hugs hugs*