Wednesday, October 10, 2007

...it's not so easy...

Random titles suit my mood. As always.

It's funny how my random-playing-set music player always seems to understand me everytime I sit by my laptop, thinking through, typing on, then realizing that mind-speaking songs come and go as moods change and stay. Hence the random blogpost titles. I hope I'm not violating any established copyrights or whatever other legal stuff that apply when I use those fragments.

I took my time and went to the city today to take care of stuff. The weather was quite nice, despite the slightly-dry air and the rare extra-sunniness that somehow reminded me of dear J-Town. Visited the Indonesian consulate general to submit my address-change application which took quite some time to get through 'cuz I arrived there during the lunch break period so I had to wait for all the staff to come back from God knows where before I could do what I was supposed to do.

Being-a-good-citizen-related matters checked. Then I had lunch at Don-Don's [Japanese food, my fave! *winks*] before heading to the Singapore Airlines' Melbourne representative to ask about my go-home *yay!* ticket. It was quite a revelation to walk along Collins St. and realize that the street is REALLY long. I was tempted to just cross the road and hijack a passing tram *flashes an evil smirk* halfway through to the office since it took like almost forever just to walk and walk and walk along the street before I could finally reach the far-far-away place.

Coincidentally, I stumbled across some Indonesians in the office who somehow kept looking at me with weird stares as I rummaged into my bag looking for my ticket and sat silently waiting for my queue number to be displayed on the screen.
Shortly after that, I found out that the date-change for my return flight hasn't come through the waiting list yet. Disappointed, yes, but I can't do anything but wait. *sighs*

Well yeah. Walking there was fun anyways. Some good sport for my lazy legs *laughs*. But still I decided to take a tram on the way back to Swanston St. just to save time. A little bit of afternoon rain poured reluctantly, as I made my way around the city wandering aimlessly, stopping here and there, visiting The Body Shop [another favorite store] for a little shopping-spree, before deciding to go home.

So basically that made my day.
And now I am here, still mourning for the incurably-slow Internet connection *sighs* and hoping that tomorrow I won't oversleep. The mentoring program starts at 8 a.m. sharp, which reads definite 6.30-ish out of bed for me. So, yeah. Gotta sleep early! *grins*

Another week has gone halfway through. My parents are going on vacation tonight, my uncle has arrived in Melbourne already, and Neja's birthday is coming in like three days.

Geez, time sure does fly!!

No comments: