Thursday, October 18, 2007

...FIN...

Today was tiring as HELL.

Helped out with the city tour today, labored myself up to a point somewhere between excitement and exhaustion, and eventually I kinda ended up being in charge of leading a HUGE group of fifty people all around the city area. The sun was like scorching hot, literally, and the air was dry. My skin felt extremely prickly all the way due to excessive exposure to the sun, I guess, and I was soooooooooooooo desperately craving for one of those bug-eye-designed sunnies. Mental note, JJ. Purchase one as soon as possible!

Oh well. But it was quite fun anyways. Newbies-slash-eye-candies were all around, as Angela puts in. *grins* And meeting new people is always something I look forward to. So, yeah. It's all worth the effort, I guess.

By the way.
I got the chance to read through the 2007 SMAK 1 Yearbook: FIN today.



Overall, it is GOOD. Exceeds expectations, more like. There are some minor human errors here and there, and at least THREE major ones which actually shocked me. But nonetheless it is really really good. Brings back good ol' memories, and I'm not even officially old yet. Am I? *sobs*

I enjoyed flipping through the pages of the book and suddenly realized that everybody has grown up in their own individual ways. From those childish-looking grinning faces clad in blue-PE-shirts to brilliant smiles amidst well-groomed and elegant promnight appearances, yes we all have changed, somehow.

It's funny, really, when you think about it. How the last traces of childishness have been eroded off of us by years of hard work and high levels of endurance fighting to survive life in the school. We lost life, but found another one that was equally, if not more, beautiful. We lost friends, but found others. We lost hope, but found motivations. Lost some, got some. All in the name of maturing and growing up.

We often thought that we couldn't make it. That we would fall apart in the process, or give up before reaching the final finish line. Yet, somehow, in the end, we did it!

Here we are, up up and away, ready to fly and pursue our dreams. But our legs are still tied up by memories of the past, of those days, of friends, of moments, of our young spirits, sometimes making it hard for us to really soar and break free off all those chains.

I personally don't want to let go and move on with my life. I still wanna be with you guys, doing all those crazy things we used to do, laughing our heads off, crying our hearts out, just living life the way we wanted to, wrapped in those ugly white-and-grey uniform outfits that symbolize our youthful days. When we were once together, and young, and wild, and free, and happy...

Oh, well.
High school is not just a simple stage of life. It means growth, and changes, and memories, and lessons to be learned, and goals to be achieved.

And I'm thankful that I have been given the chance to experience one of the best moments of my life this way.

No dreams. No might-have-beens. No in-an-ideal-worlds.
Just a simple statement of sincere gratitude.

That you guys stay. For eternity. In my heart, forever will be.

VIVA SMUKIE 2007!!

No comments: