Thursday, October 25, 2007

...i'm singing in the rain...

God bless you mighty Melbourne! *winks*

It was raining so beautifully this morning. The rain started pouring by the time I finished my Macroeconomics lecture around 11 a.m, and I had to rush to the Campus Center afterwards, which is actually within a five-minute walking distance from Building 73, to grab my lunch and buy stuff. So I had to walk through the chilly morning shower with Yurike, shivering all the way.


Raindrops splattering on the 2nd floor edge window back in Smukie *sighs*

Well actually it wasn't that much of a proper rain that literally pours; they don't have those kinds of generous rainfalls too often in Australia. But yeah, the drizzle stayed for several hours, even when I was walking home it accompanied me all the way through. The sky is still gloomy grey outside as I'm typing away right now, and the air feels so comfortably chilly and cool on my skin. Quite perfect for a nice cuddly nap, if you ask me. *grins* But yeah. It was good.

Hell yeah I agree that the drizzle was cold and distracting. But at the same time it was also equally, if not more, fun, really. I've always enjoyed spending time under the rain, be it walking, singing, skipping happily, even dancing around like a nutcase. *laughs* I've always considered myself to be having this weird special connection with the rain, as if I was some sort of a creepy psychic melancholist who could actually feel the soothing spirit of the rain wash away all my pain and sorrow.

I know, sappy huh?


A rainy day seen from my old classroom window *I miss this view*


But honestly, I love the rain. The soft lingering scent of rainy days just drives me mad. It reminds me of home, of times when I used to sit by the windows of my workroom back home, leaving the balcony door half-open, sipping a cup of mild latte while listening to the raindrops splattering on the rooftops above. Now that's what I call a perfect quality moment. Times when a private, silent conversation is divinely made between the rain and my hollow, longing conscience.


A foggy, rainy morning viewed from my Taman Anggrek Condominium during the 2007 Great Jakarta Flood


Oh well. Those pictures are just too memorable. I'm totally lost for words now.
I can't believe that the rain brings back a lot of precious memories.

Yet still, too bad Melbourne rain is far too subtle and vague, compared to those dense tropical rainfalls that J-Town has during this time of year. *sighs*

Hey Jamie Cullum I wanna join your singing-in-the-rain parade!!
Hahahahahahahaha. =D

Takecare peeps! *hugs*

No comments: